Snoop Dogg to remix ABC soap opera theme

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Saw this abc.com:

The shizzle master himself, Snoop Dogg, is coming to One Life to Live! On Thursday, May 8 and Friday, May 9, the rapper will appear as himself, a surprise guest at a bachelorette party for Adriana (Melissa Fumero). The Doggfather is set to perform two songs, "Sensual Seduction" and "Life of 'Da Party," from his latest album, Ego Trippin'. It doesn't end there: Look for him to interact with Adriana, Rex (John-Paul Lavoisier), and Roxy (Ilene Kristen). In scenes with Bo (Robert S. Woods), viewers will learn a surprising connection between Snoop and Llanview!

As a bonus, the Grammy nominated Snoop will rerecord the OLTL theme song to give it his own spin. The Doggy-styled theme will be used for Snoop's two episodes.

"I've been a fan of One Life to Live since I was a baby," said Snoop Dogg. "My momma always had it on the tube in tha crib growing up. The opportunity to change up the theme song and give it some of my flavor will make the show the Life of The Party."

"After the appearance of our most recent music guest, Mary J. Blige, we heard that Snoop Dogg was a longtime fan of OLTL and wanted to redo our theme song," said executive producer Frank Valentini. "We are thrilled that he will not only do a theme for us, but perform and act on the show. His tremendous talent reaches way beyond the music industry and we look forward to welcoming him to Llanview."

Brian Frons, president, Daytime, Disney ABC-Television Group, added: "Snoop Dogg not only represents another of today's top recording artists who sees the power of ABC Daytime as a promotional platform to reach a highly engaged, passionate audience of women 18-49, he's also a fan of the series. We welcome his perspective on the theme song as both a fan and as one of the most prominent voices in the music industry today. Music is an important component to daytime storytelling and we also look forward to Snoop's performance in the series. "

Snoop Dogg's talents extend beyond music. He's an actor (with credits including Starsky & Hutch and The L Word), entrepreneur (video games and clothing lines) and is the star of his own reality show, Snoop Dogg's Father Hood. He is the latest in a list of prominent recording artists who have appeared on OLTL, including Mary J. Blige, Nelly Furtado, Timbaland, Keri Hilson, Lifehouse, One Republic, Chris Botti and Erykah Badu.

Archived