90210: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Administrator

I thought that was the best scene of the episode. I've been wanting for more character interactions with meaningful scenes and I got one with Ethan/Silver.

Last week I got Ethan/Liam and Dixon/Annie scenes where they learn more about each other.

I want more scenes like these. There should be more character interactions where we learn more about the characters as the characters are learning themselves.

So the writers made Naomi/Annie friends again just to put a boy between them again two episodes later? Oh geez. You don't need to a triangle right away. Let's get more character driven episodes here. These characters don't even know each other yet.

• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would love Silver & Ethan.

I cant wait for the friendship bubble to burst between Naomi & Annie. They are just not made to be friends, and i hope enxt week will show both that, Maybe in another time, in another place, if things were different. But not with whom they are and where they are now. Enemies is where its at, and they need to play it up. That said, i did enjoy them being friends this episode, but only because i thought it needed to be delt with and because of what i knew was coming.

Liam & Ethan are by far the best characters on this show.

I love Liam & naomi. Super sexy!

• Members

Im so sick of the Annie and Naomi merry go round. One minute they are firends and the next they are enemies. Annie is a backstabbing b-tch to even entertain teh thought of going after Naomi's boyfriend after all the drama that recently occured with Ethan. I hope Naomi goes after her hard

• Members

Establishing friendships between the characters was a huge problem on the original show as well, but it's even worse on "90210". Plus, many details from the early episodes have been swept under the rug.

- Annie and Adrianna act as if nothing ever happened between them.

- In the pilot, Silver states that she hates Naomi. Weeks later, Silver asks Naomi for a favor and suddenly their hatred towards each other seems to be forgotten. They didn't even apologize to each other, just some lame "I missed you" dialogue.

- We don't know if Dixon and Ethan consider each other friends.

- What happened to Ozzie? Why did Ryan and Kimberly break up? I can't stand it when characters are dropped without any explanation.

- Naomi is supposed to be one of the most popular students at West Beverly High. Why did she then try to suck up to these cool girls?

- What happened to Ethan's autistic brother? The writers should have delved more into his family situation and flesh his character out. Wasted opportunity.

- Why did Andrea's daughter Hannah appear in the pilot? They could have least adressed that Andrea moved back to Beverly Hills or have Hannah become part of the gang just like Silver. Seriously, the show lacks a shy outsider. Navid, who was supposed to be a nerd, did never come across as one.

- The whole Kelly/Brenda storyline was a mess and it didn't help that the most important thing - Brenda sleeping with Ryan - happened off-screen.

I do have to say, though, that I enjoyed the last two episodes :)

• Administrator

I guess that's what happens when there's backstage problems - there's no vision. I'll give this season a pass because they changed showrunners. Rebecca R.K. Sinclair better have a vision for season 2 and have better writing.

• Members

I didn't realize all of those holes until you brought them up, Huntress. I completely forgot about Andrea's daughter.

Liam/Annie/Naomi? Are you SERIOUS?! Ugh.. Annie is becoming extremely pathetic if she tries to make a move for Liam. Liam and Naomi may not be dating, but Annie was just going on about how she doesn't want to let a boy get in the way of a friendship. Please.

I liked Tori Spelling's return, I thought the lesbian bar scenes were hilarious.

Ethan and Silver were pretty good too.. Didn't Jessica Stroup and Dustin Milligan date?

• Members

I think they still date...

Huntress, I agree with you completely. My main problem with this show is that "THE GANG" doesn't exist. In 90's 90210 they were all together. In this 90210, we have Adrianna/Naomi. Dixon/Silver. Annie/Ethan (before the breakup)..And that's <_<

• Members

Wow, Navid and Adriana easily became my favorite couple tonight. Her telling him the truth ranks up there as one of my favorite scenes in this series. I was LOL throughout it though. He opened and slammed the door on her like 5 times.

Im glad the previews were misleading and that Annie didnt go for Liam. Naomi has a sister? I thought she was an only child aside from her half brother she doesnt know

WTH, Silver's school is SOOOOOO exagerated. I went to Catholic school and it was nothing like that. Puh leaze as if the kids are that virtuous and innocent

• Members

What a great episode tonight. It had a nice mix of drama and comedy. The show is much better when the vets aren't featured IMO. Jessica L & Michael S were outstanding, so were Tristan W and Jessica S.

Naomi and the Wilson family scenes were hilarious! :lol: I had the same reaction Dixy(lol) had when she started talking about her appointment with her gynecologist. Yuck.

I'm also glad the previews were misleading and Annie didn't go after Liam. Though I have to say, even though I like Liam and Naomi, he and Annie seem like a much more interesting couple and have better chemistry IMO.

Go Dixon! I'm getting a little sick of Silver's whining.

Loving Jen Foster as Naomi's sister, also liked the actress playing Angela. I usually find characters like those annoying but both actresses did a good job making them likeable.

Same here! JL & MS rocked that scene!

Archived