Is anyone watching Another World on AOL Video?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I remember first watching Another World when I was 11 but because of school was only able to start watching it regularly when I turned 17, but i lost interest in it around 1980 and only started watching it everyday again in 1984. My mom watched the NBC soaps and she got me started in them that's how i found my all time favorite soap Somerset.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I am watching some of all the soaps on AOL P&G channel. :D I am mainly loving AW right now & all the SFT eppys from 1984. I love SFT when Jo & Stu go to the resort vacation & get caught up in all that 'murder mayhem.' I am loving Sherry Mathis as Liza as well!!!!

Plus, I find the character of Justine on SFT to be sublime!!!!!

Does anyone know......... did the show change Liza's penthouse set in between 1984 & 1985??? Is it just me or does it seem very different at that point?

On AW, I am hooked on any scenes & story that involves Blaine. Kevin Conroy was my fave Jerry also!!

Long Live the P&G channel !!!!!!

• Members

I've tried watching it but it won't let me. :( Same with GUIDING LIGHT. However, TEXAS and SEARCH FOR TOMORROW play just fine. Just saw TEXAS' first episode and I found it a little boring but I saw the oldest one of SFT that they have and loved it.

• Members

YEAH ITA!!!!! the earliest eppy of SFT is from Sept. or early October 1984 I think. I would never have dreamed that the show was that GOOD during that era. (I took SFT for granted for years)-- From the reading I have done on the show, there was very little during the NBC years that was considered good. I however, disagree 100%. I find the characters engaging & easy to care about. There are some storyline 'issues' but still, these eppys of SFT are far better than 99.9% of all Daytime Drama today!

• Members

Well, Wikipedia lists the episode as being from October 05, 1984, so I guess they are correct. :) I read too that it was considered to be bad at that point and the sad thing is that that is a level of quality that basically none of the soaps can reach at this time. So I am pretty happy to watch it.

Meanwhile, TEXAS' second episode was a little more interesting, but the best thing about it remains Beverlee McKinsey, who is just terrific.

I wish I could watch ANOTHER WORLD, tho. :(

• Members

Keep going back & trying to watch AW-- every couple of days or so--

I run into glitches too from eppy to eppy-- then, after a few days, I access the same episode with no prob. There are probably a few factors working against the P& G channel--- (all the xtra traffic from the long time soap fans) to name one. Do not give up!!!!!!!

Archived