ATWT: Luke and Noah "No Kiss" makes it to CNN and Fox News.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanx DeeeDee!

It really annoys me how not showing nuke's kisses is perceived as homophobic, yet when the same thing was done to a black gay character kissing a white gay character on QAF, there was no public outcry. What is worse is the same people drumming up support for luke/noah are excusing this same act on QAF by saying: "panning the camera happens to any character but with luke/noah it's more important since they haven't kissed for months." BS!

• Members

I second that Amen :)

How the heck is anyone pushing an agenda? Yeesh, I saw someone giving an opinion and ask questions that someone could NOT answer, then when that is called out someone gets accused of having an agenda.

GMAB!

bakedghoti its a double standard that's for sure. Sure I think Nuke should get fair treatment, but outrage over kisses has me scratching my head. Where's the outrage over how Scott, Cady and other actors are being treated? Where's the outrage that over Jessica's daughter(blanking on her name) being brought back and having NO story, same with Dallas who was recast like different times :huh::mellow:

• Members

:rolleyes:

QAF shows men kissing eachother all the time, because it is QAF. They have panned away non many people kissing, not just the one time you point out to use to puish your racial agenda. Furthermore, why would GLAAD protest that? Because it isnt like they NEVER showed it. Just not that one time you chose to bring up over and over again. Furthermore, GLAAD did not vreate this - Fans did. They sent it inot GLAAD and the news and everywhere. Of course GLAAD got behind this because it is obvious they are not showen kissing for months because they are gay. GLAAD stands up for discrimination - both in real life and in hollywood.

You seem to think that GLAAD needs to stick up for everything. They were created for a certin cause that has little to no support compared to others. I do not see a big deal in them slamming ATWT. ATWT deserves it. GLAAD also slammed GH for being weak and backing down from a gay storyline. It has nothing to do with the fact that they are white. GLAAD supports shows like Noah's Arc & South Of Nowhere, both with strong ethnic cast members.

This is not about supporting diff races on soaps. This is about Luke & Noah, a young hot mega populer couple on a soap opera that has not kissed in months because the show is to weak and scared and backed down.

But i am sure once againa ll this was pointless because you will search for a way to make this fit your agenda. For someone who bash agenda bushing...

pot. meet kettle.

• Members

Again, with the "racial" agenda because apparently racism apparently doesn't exist and even if it does, it isn't as important as homophobia. All your comments and similar comments do is show that there is no place for common ground and cooperation for marginalized against the media. Too bad really.

• Members

bakedghoti, what is interesting about the term, "racial agenda" is that it is close the phrase the AFA always uses about the "homosexual agenda." Seriously, when a group starts using a phrase similar to its opponents that should be wake up call.

Ultimately, I find Noah horrible and Luke tolerable. Together they are one of the worse couples on ATWT. They have no chemistry and Jake can't act for his life. I do think that gay couples like other couples should be able to kiss and if they can't, then TPTB needs to stop pretending that they being treated like other soap characters. Also, Noah and Luke get far more screen time that the two barely seen African American characters on ATWT and it would be nice to see a similar level of outrage and protest about that fact.

• Members

Hahahahhahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Queer As Folk is an extremely racist show towards people of color. For a show that stands for furthering queer acceptance, it's laughable how it discriminates against racial minorities.

How typical of you to excuse QAF for panning the camera away with a black male kissing a white male since "it's done every time" yet it's homophobic if it's done to white luke and white noah!

and the fact that you hit the ignore button says it al. you can justify qaf discriminating against a black gay character yet you scream bloody murder against atwt doing the same thing for nuke. pot. kettle. black.

and btw, i don't think anyone buys your "i think nuke sucks" stance. your outrage for them is clear. it's just sad that one act done to white characters is homophobic, but the same act done to a black character is excused and not called racist. tsk tsk.

queer as folk was completely racist. where were the black, chinese, japanese, filipino, malaysian, korean, burmese, indonesian, turkish, indian, pakistani, indian american gay characters? none or in the background.

glaad and the fans of luke/noah are only getting behind them because luke/noah are WHITE characters. the same thing happened to black character on QAF and there was no outcry. Is that biased and racist? yes. as usual WHITE gay characters get preferential treatment because WHITE gay men run glaad and majority of nuke's fan are led by or consisting of WHITE gay males who could care less about good representation of queer men of color and people of color in general.

• Members

EXACTLY Ann_SS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least they are freaking on TV!

Where are the chinese, japanese, burmese, indonesian, korean, indian, indian american, filipino, turkish, etc. characters? I guess they all have to wait in line because WHITE luke and WHITE noah not kissing is more important. :sarcasm:

• Members

Thank you Zendall fan!

I am giving an opinion. I am not pushing an agenda.

Now glaad, nelson branco (through his "column"), the rabid nuke fans, other vocal gay groups who are campaigning and boycotting are pushing an agenda.

He could NOT answer anything I wrote when it came down to it, and then claimed to hit the ignore button.

luke/noah not shown kissing is called homophobic. luke/noah are white. but a black gay character not being shown kissing a white character on qaf is not racist? whatevs...............

where's the outrage for scott bryce, cady mcclain and martha byrne's imminent departure? where's the outrage for years of people of color not shown on soaps? but a huge media blitz has to happen since luke/noah, 2 WHITE gay characters, are not allowed to kiss?

Archived