ATWT: Luke and Noah "No Kiss" makes it to CNN and Fox News.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They don't have anything to lose! What's the worst outcome, more averted kisses? The only press ATWT gets outside of the soap mags is because of Nuke. It looks pretty pathetic that last summer their story was promoted on Entertainment Tonight and became the toast of YouTube, only to have it fizzle into an unsatisfying cop out. It's P&G's problem.

• Members

I fully support the fact that Nuke Fans want to support the couple. I am all for that and its nothing against them its TPTB that I don't trust. I mean I am a Luke and Noah Fan myself and would love to see them kiss. I just don't want TPTB to screw it up and have it backfire on them and with the way they are I wouldn't be suprised if they backfired it. I mean it definetly could go both ways. I just hope that everything works out.

• Members

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah...................................................

There are SO much bigger problems than this. What about the impending fate of Days of Our Lives, an iconic soap for many? What about the departure of Martha Byrne, ATWT's child-star-turned-daytime-legend? What about the fact that due to shifting in programming and networks shifting their interests around, soaps might not live to see 2010?

So what? They haven't kissed since (insert date). Yes, they are a soap couple fan fave. And I agree they should be shown the same courtesy that other soap couples are given. But this is kinda like your house burning down and being worried that you're going to be late for work. Get your priorities in order, ya know? There's a far larger, far more important issue (or issueS) at hand.

But that's just how I feel. :)

• Members

I don't see why people are shocked they've kept the romance to a minimum..... they start out all progressive than fade to either the backburner or just "friends" It happened on AMC, it already once happened on ATWT with that straight kid Luke was lusting after and its happening again. The Nuke fans and I as a member from the gay/lesbian community is outraged.... however Actor87 does bring up a good point, there are far more important things happening in daytime right now that warrant national press coverage.

• Members

This is fabulous publicity for ATWT. Much as I can't stand the show, if the writers hold out the next kiss until May sweeps - And that's probably what's being written right now - the press for the next "kiss" will send the ratings through the roof.

Despicable for a show that sucks all kinds of donkey balls.

• Members

The publicity has been fantastic! It was even covered by my local paper in Denver. The fact that they mentioned that ATWT had the first male gay character 20 years ago and that they have a couple that people like and WANT to kiss is wonderful for the show. (Even though I stopped watching earlier this year, I don't want the show to end.) Maybe people will tune in? Keep in mind that they noted that ATWT was the first show to actually SHOW two men kissing is positive. I hope this does open up discussion. There is nothing wrong with that. And, those who note that Noah may have to marry someone, which will keep Nuke apart...uh, this is a soap and keeping couple we want together apart is the reason why you tune in tomorrow! I'm glad the mainstream media found this noteworthy. Let the fireworks begin!

Archived