ATWT Casting News

• Members

Because 4 underused vets haven't gotten pink slips yet? :rolleyes: That is totally NOT reason enough to celebrate. Y&R had tons of vets and just the same amount of viewer dissatisfaction. They don't focus on those people's characters, and Barbara's cancer will only be so engrossing since half of her family is leaving the show next month. As I already stated, the potential for characters Passanante actually WANTED to write for was limitless last year, especially with popular actors returning. but she squandered it big time. So if Cady McClain and Scott Bryce have said how messed up the show is from the INSIDE, how is it that you know better? A new Mike won't fix it, that's for sure.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not disagreeing with you that 2007 was filled with missed opportunities. But the fact that the show wanted back Scott Bryce, a popular actor from 1982, and that it actually happened, is amazing. And the guy gave us some great moments of drama. What I'm disagreeing with is that 2008 is the death of the show... there have been many shitty years of this show. There is still enough left, though, that the show could easily bounce back. When we find out that Dr. Bob is secretly a serial killer and Barbara decides to get a phalloplasty, then I will begin to wonder about the show. But crappy period does not = death of soap. Soaps are just cyclical (shame they can't all be like B&B and go from terrible to awesome to terrible every 2 weeks!)

• Members

ATWT will never get better because they'll never fire Jean Passanante. Her periods of goodness are usually shortlived, like two or three weeks at best. That's why I never get excited if there happens to be one good episode. The show is horrible and has been for a long time. I though 2007 had to be the worst the show ever had.

Also, bringing Scott Bryce doesn't count as a positive for JP/CG since they fired him after all of the praise and popularity he recieved.

Archived