Days: If Stefano Is The Seventh Son Of The Seventh Son.....

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

See, that's what I thought, too; and really, did we more explanation than that? When Tom Langan's team introduced (and then dropped) the idea of some ancient feud starting back in Ireland, I thought, "Do we absolutely, positively need to go there?".

Roman stopped Stefano's crime ring; Stefano "killed" Roman; Bo & Marlena vowed revenge; Megan Hathaway was later murdered; and Stefano believed Bo & Hope were responsible. Seriously, DAYS. Feuds don't get much better than that.

Oh god. This twist makes the Jessica/Natalie baby switch on OLTL look more plausible by the minute.

• Members

If there's one thing I cannot tolerate, it's when writers choose to rewrite history, but never take established history into account. If you believe there's more to John and Stefano's past to be told, that's fine. But make it connect with what the viewers know and believe to be true!

Well, you know, Roman ... I always had my doubts about Dr. Mark Brooks, lol.

• Members

Don't do that, Khan.

I was drinking at the time. Spit it out all over the floor! :lol:

And you know, it proves that Ther Hack will change whatever she sees fit to whatever stupid ass story she wants to tell. None of the history is being followed, and as many posters have said in this thread, starting with DF, Roman and Stefano got into it because Roman ruined his scret drug empire. It was after Stefano came to town and tried to pass himself off as a pillar of the community.

NOW......TAWIC wants everyone to believe that this feud REALLY started almost 60 years ago in Ireland. MY question is this....when did they have time to conceive John? Looks like they spent all their damn time writing letters to each other.

• Members

There was most definitely a scene right before Stefano's fake funeral where Roman confronted an unconscious Stefano in his coffin about all the years he (Roman) believed he (Roman) was the cause of the vendetta, due to the drug bust. And all the years of guilt he felt over it.

And there was also a scene (and I can't remember exactly when - it might have been at the infamous DiMera dinner, but I could be wrong), where Stefano said something about already hating the Bradys after what happened with Santo, but then the Roman/drug storyline happened, AND the Bo/Megan story, and it just added to the already bitter grudge he had against them. And I believe he said to EJ and Sami at one point that even if he once thought Santo's dying wish was a foolish one, the many crimes the Bradys committed against the DiMeras since then (i.e. in the 80's) sealed their fate.

It was just a couple of lines, but I do remember taking note of them at the time, thinking "Not that it explains everything, but at least they acknowledged it"

• Members

LMAO.

Imagine, too, if Santo and Colleen had traded e-mails instead. If you think reading (and hearing) those letters was bad enough, just think how they would've been with awkward syntax, weird acronyms, and cutesy emoticons galore.

• Members

IMO, they acknowledged all that stuff, because so many previous HW's had ignored or contradicted history to the point where it was just too ridiculous for words. And really, I think if Tom Langan hadn't have brought up Ireland, we might've been spared Sister Mary Four-Leaf-Clover's tragic affair w/ Chef Boyardee, too.

• Members

If they had to make a vendetta storyline they should have continued the way that C&B wrote it. Remember in 2002 when Andre found Stefanos diary? Stefano had written that the Bradys commited the first crime.

Andre: The secret from the past is that the Bradys tried to destroy us.

Andre: The secret for the future is that I will make them pay.

• Members

This would be a good question to ask Sheffer...or someone on his writing team...was it their idea to make John Santo and Colleen's son? Personally, I think it was. Why were the letters read and the flashbacks used at all if not to tell a background story of some Salem resident? John's background has been murky for many years. I do believe the ghost writers changed some of the outcome. IMO, Sheffer would have had this facedown in Ireland to include Stefano...not just John and Colleen...but he was put into a coma instead.

"Andre: The secret from the past is that the Bradys tried to destroy us.

Andre: The secret for the future is that I will make them pay."

That was pretty much the same attitude Stefano had with his return last June. IMO, he considered Colleen's involvement with his father as a Brady destroying his family unit since his father loved her and was bitter about her "death".

Archived