AMC: Friday, Febuary 1, 2008

• Members

I wish Annie would leave and it would turn out that Emma really wasn't her daughter after all. How many DNA tests did Jeff run one her again to find one that matched, 10? I think Emma should turn out to be Kate's twin sister, making Dixie right about her all along.

I don't quite see this as "Maureen Gorman" since Ryan does remember everyone else he knew and if the show had a good headwriter, he could start working on all the [!@#$%^&*] he put both Kendall & Greenlee through a few years ago. With B&E at the helm, though, I don't see that happening. I just hope this isn't the beginning of Rylee Part II.

It was nice to see Stuart for a change today. I could have done without him preaching at Adam about trust, though.

ITA, Casey, I loved Greenlee's fight with Erica. The rest of Greenlee's "out of body" scenes came off as forced, imo.

I'm so glad that Tad saw Jesse and this storyline can finally begin!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'd say it pretty much is leading into Rylee 2.0, Ryan was all up in Greenlee's business in 2004....

They can't have Ryan be with the woman who kidnapped and almost killed his son, so they're whitewashing what he did(especially since AMC is saying she never did anything...), so he's viable for his butterfly....

Ugh no thanks...

• Members

Born on the 4th of Ryan

Well even those pictures of Ryan in HIGH HO hero action cannot help him recall his life with the Queen Anibelle. Oh boy the world is coming to an end and civilization is about to die off. Forget global warming killing us all...nope what will cause everyone to die is a pompous and arrogant bastard's no memories of four years. But Ryan does still remember important things, such as this title suggests in remembering his birthday, his brothers and sister, his marriage to Gillian (finally he mentions her!), and his love for the useless Dynamite Kiddo comic books. But the $64,000 question is...what about Annie and Emma? If I were them, I would take this opportunity as a god send and get away from this maniacal bug eyed beast as far as possible. Because it will not be too long before he starts getting emotionally and possibly physically abusive with her. Ryan may not remember his days in the superhero fight club but the instinct is still there and his blood is tainted with whack job daddy in it. But maybe Ryan can go all the way back to when he was born and realize what a bad life he was going to have and spin his woe is me tale to everyone else over a cup of urinated lemonade...odds are the stench would be bad, the tale boring and depressing just like he is, and a story full of more holes than in a Krispy Kreme baker's dozen. Who knows but this temporary setback of amnesia may cause him to actually get smart and finally start knowing certain things. The Ryan of before thought the first U.S. president was Winston Churchill. But now he gets it right with George Washington. Maybe now he can recite the alphabet, although this will take some work for him since he truly is stupid at speaking sense...and part of making sense when you talk is utilizing those 26 letters. It may be just a stretch for Super Ryan to nail it the way he nailed all the damsels in distress while in an onion shaped bed. Or better yet make that a bladder shaped one...no wonder they call it an overactive bladder!

Listen up Aidan

Oh Aidan you need to pay attention here. When the doctor tells you to step out of the room and clear the way so that she and the nurses can tend to Greenlee, that would be your cue to step out. You are not helping any matters by stepping inside, blocking their way to giving her treatment, and telling Greenlee to get better. She is not going to heal with you interfering in the professionals' duties in making her as healthy as possible. So, in the future, if told to step out of a hospital room, you follow the doctor's orders. We are all taught to follow what a doctor says on health matters...but that also includes on common sense. You think you can help by standing in their way from giving her helpful remedies to make her feel better? Guess again.

• Members

I actually dont mind the amnesia storyline just now. The Annie/Ryan scenes were the best part for me today.

I found the Greenlee stuff to be a waste. I had enough of Kendall's out of body experiences when she was in a coma. Dont need a similar effect now with Greenlee

Im really surprised that they had someone find Jesse so soon. Jesse is an idiot though to think he can just walk up in that hospital anytime he wants and not get caught

Anyone noticed the old hospital set in teh Ryan scenes? I thought it was replaced by the new one. So is AMC goign to be using both of them?

• Members

I also agree with this. At this point it would appear that Greenlee/Aidan is a go. They have a fanbase, no matter how small it is TPTB probably don't want to mess with them just because viewers are dropping like flies already.

So why the amnesia? The only theory that I've got on this is that the writers, despite all the attempts of showing Ryannie love scenes and family scenes, know that most fans haven't bought into this couple. The number one reason being everyone recognized it for the plot driven nonsense for Greenlee's return. So by giving Ryan amnesia and not remembering Annie, it gives the writers a do-over, an opportunity to rebuild this relationship in hopes that fans will fall in love with them. I do think the writers will tease Ryan's thinking he's in love with Kendall and then move on to Greenlee, but ultimately Ryan may start listening to the people around him who says he loves Annie and decide to give it a try. But that is logical thinking and often doesn't apply to AMC.

I must say though that I felt bad for Annie at the end of today's show. Kudos to MCE for making me feel that. CamMat though was just.... ugh.

The best part by far was the Tad/unconscious Frankie/Angie interaction. That was wonderful.

The Greenlee out of body stuff made me want to punch someone in the head. But I just kept reminding myself that it was Greenlee's subconscious doing all the talking, so of course there would be a huge whitewashing of events and no mention of "the incident". But that still doesn't excuse yesterday. LOL

The only thing I got out of all those scenes is that when AT isn't playing dramatic stuff and is light and happy he's very tolerable and he does appear to have a nice chemistry with RB.

• Members

I tuned in a bit today to check out the Ryan stuff. It's new and it doesn't involve Spike and Ian's parent's licking Greenlee's butt, yet, which is a logic-based plus.

One thing I will say is this amnesia certainly lights a fire under Ryannie. They've been in who cares land since a few weeks into that Richie story which is just repetitive junk. I kind of felt for Annie today and I was somewhat intrigued to see how Ryan would deal with different revelations. The thing is, Ryan wasn't brainwashed to be a monster like John Black on DAYS, so I don't get the acting or directing choices here. I don't know how I'd expect an amensiac to act, anyways, lol. Hopefully they have him tone the coldness down, soon. I'm hoping Cameron can actually pull through some textured acting here - we'll see.

• Members

Yes we will see indeed. I personally think this storyline has the potential to make the SLAVERY quad interesting and fresh again and it will definitely mix things up which they are in DIRE need of.... but it could just as easily fall on its face :lol:

• Members

Today's episode was much better than yesterdays. The Erica/Greenlee snarking was priceless and as always Erica is still the only one who will call Greens out on her owning up to nothing, gotta love Erica.

Tad seeing Jesse at the end gave mew chills, wow and the talk Angie and Jesse had about more old times. Give me more scenes like that AMC.

I was glad to see Stuart and he and Angie need to catch up ASAP considering their rich history.

Wow, poor Annie. Melissa was awesome today, Cam though was not.... I hope he has more to bring to the table than what we saw today.... same old one note stuff from him...

Archived