GH: Week Of Jan 7th!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

See, i dont see Liz as seeing herself as an angel. Normally i dont think she would look down on Carly and Sam, except for the fact they butt into her life. they judge her. they come down on her. If they would back off and get out Liz wouldnt care about them.

fact is, liz IS a better person than the other two. She relay is. Shes far from perfect. She makes mistakes and has her flaws yes. However the difference in what she does and what they do is that Liz's actions come from a good place. She isnt out to hurt anyone, most of the time. I will even defend Carly here, because what she does she thinks is right and comes from a place of love.

What Sam does is just evil and out of hatred. And i love that... but i hate her because she DOES act as if shes better than people and she plays the poor me act, feel sorry for me, etc etc etc... If she would embrace the fact thats shes a cold hard evil bitch i would be cheering her on.

I actually see it as Sam playing the role of i am saint.

• Members

today Carly was goign on about how Jason was happy with Sam until Liz came along and ruined it. I thought she was happy that Sam and he were broken up? LMAO, I knew she'd be singing a different tune once she found out that Liz took her place. She may hate Sam but she DESPISES Liz and Sam was defiently the lesser of 2 evils for her

Loved teh Diane and Alexis stuff, especially Diane opening up. I hope they can become friends after this is all over

• Members

For me this is one of the major flaws in the writing of this show. The continuity is poor and the dialogue is inconsistent. Chances are that Carly will go back to saying that she's glad that Jason dumped Sam. On any given day Sam will say that she left Jason and on another day will say that Jason dumped her. They don't even make an attempt to give viewers any credit for being able to remember things from one scene to the next sometimes.

Carly probably is meant to despise Sam was not only pregnant with Sonny's child but she took her precious Jason. But she has no reason to be threatened by Sam anymore since she isn't with Jason. Elizabeth is another story.

• Members

Lulu clearly has no confidence in her brother's abilitiies to help her.

I don't know what to make of Jerry at all.

There's no way I'd open my door to Carly to subject myself to her threats. She needs to hound Jason with all of that nonsense. Again poor Jax.

Diane and Alexis had some good material/scenes.

I don't know why Johnny and Trevor get to swallow a percentage of the show while Robin and others barely get to make an appearance.

Why does Emily have a new bumper? I thought she was supposed to be gone pretty soon...okay not soon enough.

• Members

The writing for Carly/Sam has been inconsistent since this past spring where they up and changed it to match the story. Carly initially hated Sam bc of the Sonny thing and then grew threatend by her place in Jason's life but she eventually got over all that accepted Sam. I think it was the way Sam fought for Jason's life when he had his brain scare a few years back which changed things.Carly was there to give her advice when she found out about Alexis. Sam and Carly got along fine and when Jason dumped Sam, Carly is the one that defended Sam and fought for tehm to get back together. I think she saw Sam as a younger version of herself and genuinly did feel that she made Jason happy. But then, the writers decided they were going to breakup JaSam and Carly turned on her on a dime and they wrote it as if she always hated Sam and the past year of her being nice to her never happened. They regressed that relationship for no reason.

I can understand her wanting to fight for Jason, but really its none of her business. If he says no, then it should be left at that. I dont see how she can get joing custody out of Liz. She is such a hypocrite. To this day she hates on Robin ofr revealing her paternity secret yet is out to expose Liz's? Puhleaze

I was surprised by that as well but she is supposed to be here for another 4-5 months

• Members

I think Carly sees Lulu as mini her. I don't know how old she's supposed to be on the show but there isn't that wide of an age gap to make Sam a younger version of herself. They do seem to give Carly her moments but I don't think they would ever make Carly have any woman as an actual friend. It does make better sense for her to dislike Sam because of Sonny and it was stupid to try to have Carly get beyond that. They could have had her be civil to Sam for the sake of Jason but not really feel anything for her but contempt.

I think I'm getting to the point where I'm overlooking the hypocrisy coming from the characters since the writing is what it is. Here's an opportunity for them to have Carly's character grow but instead they use her to create drama that doesn't even make sense. If she loves and cares about Jason so much then she would want him to be with his son but she would also respect his right to handle the situation himself.

Maybe I'm just being mean but they shouldn't have wasted a new bumper on her if she's really leaving. In fact they need to make her go away now. That whole s/l isn't working for me but I guess it must be a hit with their fans.

• Members

I think it would be awesome if they had Elizabeth stop treating Lucky like a dandelion and tell him everything Sam did since it impacts her children. But I know they want to hold onto this for later conflict.

Jason should be the one that tells Carly what Sam did not Elizabeth though it probably won't happen that way. They need to have Jason be upfront with Carly in order to give this "great" friendship of theirs some balance.

All of these lopsided relationships is one reason that I never buy into all the online declarations I see of this one or that one being soulmates. I can believe that certain characters will always be around each other but with some of them for me, it's not because there is this overwhelming sense that they are bonded or connected by the deep and emotional. It's more because the writing dictates it. Lucky and Elizabeth fall into that category for me. Other than when they were teens, they don't share any deep soulful connection that makes them this great everlasting pair. They lack a real friendship and are more enabler and dependent with Elizabeth in the role of his self appointed protector. When they had romance it was as average as a lot of the other romances which make a lot of the couples interchangeable.

It would be nice if the show would invest in building romances instead of going for shock value so much. Patrick and Robin should have had something more than their constant repetitve bickering since there is potential for real emotion there instead of a tug of war.

• Members

see i buy jason & carlys friendship because... i have a carly. a few.

the over dramatic best friend who always gets herself into the worst situation. pretty much sucks at life, and when she does get thigns ont rach and gets soemthing going BAM she ruins it. and she awlays runs to me. she also tells me what - and who - is best in my life and what i need to do like shes great at life. and i feel most of us have this person. and shes been my friend for years now and i dont see it changing anytime soon. i dont stop her or put her in place because i dont care enough. not that i dotn care about her, but whatever, she just goes on about my life and i nod my head instead of arguing.

• Members

I'm not even disputing that at all because I know that there are like situations. It's just that it doesn't come across as this great relationship to me. But I acknowledge that we see things differently.

When it comes to Jason specifically, I haven't seen any real clicking between him and any of the actresses that have played Carly that makes me "feel" their friendship is that great. I basically accept that they are great friends because they say so but not because it translates onscreen to me. The feeling that came across to me with Jason and Brenda is what I expected from Jason and Carly (where there's some degree of annoyance with her on his part but an underlying warmth). It's just not coming through for me. Now he and Carly did have a moment at the ball I think where he told her he loved her, etc., and that's about the closest I've come to getting that feeling from them but it came and went.

Carly gets to say that they are best friends and I do get that she loves Jason but I don't feel the vibe when they're together. To be fair though, I only feel Jason clicks with certain characters.

Archived