Y&R: Ashley Visits; Gloria Finally Gets Busted; Vincent Irrizary May Be Out

• Members

This week's Soap Opera Digest features Gloria on the cover and she finally gets busted for the tainted cream scandal.

Eileen Davidson is returning to Y&R for a short visit in December - before jetting back to B&B.

Vincent Irrizary (David) may be out, contrary to reports that he's signed a new one year contract.

::GASP::, Could this all be the work of Josh Griffith, since Latham is on strike and isn't currently working for this show?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, it is about time she does get busted for the tainted cream. How long has this storyline been going on for? Two years? I really do wonder if Josh Griffith is making changes and Latham is gone. Maybe she will head over to AMC! :lol: Sadly, she would be an improvement over what the show has now.

• Members

Vincent should go over to B&B where they need a few men. He has no chemistry with Nikki Newman which blows as and he has always had chemistry with his leading ladies.

I hope Gloria does get to go to jail but I also want that Jack Abbot to go to jail along with her. Actually I think they should all go to jail including Brad and Victor. I could just see the entertainment of Jack, Brad and Victor being locked up together.

• Members

That's holds true for any and all actors on contract. All actors can be fired after 13-week cycles, although some actors have longer cycles built into their contracts before they can be let go. But my point is that VI confirmed his new contract after SOD went to press, just last Thursday. Furthermore, with LML not at the helm right now and Sony's Steve Kent in charge of ep duties, I think it's likely that VI's contract was renewed with Sony's blessing.

• Members

Some '08 scoops came out today (I believe from SID). They can be found on many Y&R sites, but I'm not sure what the rules are here on SON, so I'm hesitant to give any websites. Here's what was said about Victor/Nikki:

"Despite their problems it would be a mistake to "write this supercouple off." Co-head writer Scott Hamner says that the "spouses have not stopped loving each other" and things could actually get better for them in the New Year. Even though David continues to play a major role in Nikki's life, Victor may not be willing to let Nikki go. According to Hamner "Victor will arrive at a point, several times, where he's willing to put things back on track - he will actually make an effort to swallow his pride, but something will intefere."

Also, week after next it's been scooped that Nikki moves out of the main house and moves in with Sharon (who's having her own problems with Jack, LOL). So I think this will be a road full of bumps for V/N/D with many twists and turns. Sounds very soapy and could be interesting, with David driving much conflict for Nikki and Victor throughout the year.

Archived