AMC: Lucci on AMC...

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Henry was an excellent director, and kind of beloved, but kind of an [!@#$%^&*]. He probably had it coming. :)

Wendy Riche was fired to make way for JFP at GH. (Yeah, I know ABC said she "left to pursue other opportunities.") JFP got rid of Shelley shortly after she arrived.

• Members

I know Lucci spoke highly of Megan her first two years back. In fact, most of the cast spoke highly of the writing during that time (which I thought was decent enough). Once mid-2005 rolled around, though, no one spoke highly of her anymore. :) And I'm guessing that Lucci was upset w/ the writing as well.

• Members

Wow, things really must be bad behind the scenes if LaLucci is speaking out. I really don't think new writers will help the situation very much. I think that Carruthers needs to go also. If they clean house and get rid of Carruthers and B&E, maybe AMC will survive if Fron's let's those people do their jobs with no interferance. AMC is in such big trouble now that I don't know if it will ever recover.

• Members

Who knows? Her ego's probably hurting like hell. The unaborted fetus fiasco, though stupid, gave Lucci a lead story and she was a lead player in it. However, she's merely a supporting player on AMC at the moment, and her storyline really isn't anything big.

As long as she was being treated like a lead, she probably had nothing to complain about. Now that she's something short of being wallpaper, she must not be too happy.

• Members

If any other actress played Erica Kane, the character would've been dumped with Brooke last year if not earlier.

Maybe Susan saw what happend after Erika Slezak complained at OLTL and has seen her get a great new head writer, a frontburner story, and respect for her talents.

If AMC does fire B&E and I hope to God they do, then they should promote from within, maybe Demorest or Patrick.

• Members

Sorry, but I really don't see Susan complaining because of her lack of storyline. I am sure she is aware of how poorly the show is doing in the ratings and that fans are very unhappy with the show. I imagine she is being vocal in order to try and improve the show. If AMC continues down the same path, she will be headed for an early retirement.

• Members

^^^Ita. I think susan is complaining now because the ratings are super low, whereas when the josh storyline was on the ratings weren't crap compared to now. Plus she probably got an earful from the fans about how unhappy they were with her storyline and the state of amc at SSW.

• Members

I wish Susan would complain more--at this point especially with being the ONLY soap person to be int he top 100 icons, she has every right to and prob wouldn't get in troubel for it. I knwo it's not her style, but seriously she's probably the ONLY one at AMC who could and get listened to

She hated the Maddie kidnappign story? would that mean she would be against Lorraine B coming back? :(

Archived