AMC: Lucci on AMC...

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It was a problem before Malone, too. Paul Rauch used Erika Slezak pretty well (though, it always seemed as if Niki Smith got more story than Viki, lol), but the late '70's/Joseph Stuart era pretty much belonged to the Core Four: Jenny (Wolek), Karen (Wolek), Brad (Vernon), and Marco (Dane).

And yet, the only time when Slezak publicly expressed her disapproval of the show (aside from the storyline where Carlo hired Elliott Durbin to brainwash Viki into killing Kevin) was recently, shortly before the beginning of the end of Dena's reign of terror.

• Members

Is the timing of Lucci's comments suspect? Look, when she didn't step up back in '91 (or whenever) and tell the network, "You know, I don't think I can play this Kendall story, b/c it just doesn't jibe with everything we've known about Erica," she lost some credibility points w/ me. No actor who is sensitive to her character, or to the history and integrity of her show, would allow such a tale to go unchecked.

Say what you will about Y&R's Eric Braeden, but whenever he has publicly put his foot down about this-or-that story, more often than not, he was right to do so.

• Members

Yeah but speaking up about a Kendall storyline is one thing, but not saying anything about a storyline that rewrites something major as an abortion Erica had is another. That was GROUNDBREAKING in it's day, and I remember alot of us just expecting her to say something, anything about it, and when she didn't alot just figured she had no problem with it.

I'm not saying she didn't have a problem with it, just that it seems like she didn't by her silence....

LOL again I have to agree Ryan....

• Members

And the original Kendall storyline didn't rewrite history? Not that I wish to defend the Unabortion, but at least that acknowledges actual history. It wasn't as if this was our first time to hear about the abortion. Kendall's mere existence is predicated on an assumption that Erica was walking around pregnant when the show began -- which, given the surrounding circumstances, could not have been possible. Not only would Mona have confided Erica's pregnancy to Nick Davis and Dr. Charles Tyler -- and not only would Phoebe Tyler, town busybody that she was, found out about it, and then used it to blackmail Mona into quitting her job (as Charles' secretary) and leaving town (w/ Erica) -- but Erica, desperate as she was to nab Phil away from Tara, would have seduced Phil and then claimed he fathered the baby faster than you can say "paternity test."

Which is exactly how I felt about Kendall's introduction, lol.

• Members

I didn't say that, but it's not something that was GROUND BREAKING. I mean it was a freaking unabortion, not even in the ball park as a kid showing up one day, which is a soap staple anymore.....

Naw, you're just making some really good point, and I'd never bash ya, I'm part of the Ryan Chandler fan club ;):P

Archived