AMC: Lucci on AMC...

• Members

http://soapoperadigest.com/features/amc/ar...ivingmisssusan/

Hopefully this means B&E won't be back after the strike, because it's rare writer's suck so bad that La Lucci speaks out. The balance between the drama and the fun part - damn, so true - I'm thisclose to not watching anymore because it's like the show, what airs (one portion 90% of the time), in enveloped in a dark miserable cloud (read: "drama").

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

WHAT?! La Lucci is finally doing the right thing and speaking out?! I hope Frons listens to her! Look what Erika Slezak's letter did for OLTL. Hopefully they take her seriously and do something. If AMC wants it's ratings up they truly need to center the show around Erica, not KenDULL and Zach.

Just a shame Kay Alden couldn't have taken over. I'm 100% that Brooke would've been back. There would've been balance, humor, drama, camp, family drama, respect for the history of the show, you name it. Look at how good she's doing reviving B&B right now.

Since she's now out of the picture, if they get a new headwriter, who do you expect it to be? As stupid as Frons is, I could see him hiring another B&E type, or just keeping them and telling La Lucci to suck it.

• Members

If I had my druthers, Chris B, Patrick Mulcahey would replace B&E at AMC. I think Mulcahey's sense of humor and attention to character would make an excellent match w/ the show. Of course, he gets a somewhat bad rap for his brief headwriting gig at GL (w/ Nancy Williams Watt), but I tend to blame that more on his alleged falling-out w/ JFP than anything else. The truth is, Mulcahey loved writing GL, and if he had the chance, I think he would love writing AMC, too.

ETA: More than likely, however, the job would end up going to LML. Yeah, I know, lol.

• Members

A good EP who cared enough to fight for the show's direction could turn the ship around - Behr. It's one thing to desire her and it's another thing for Frons to hire someone who isn't a figurehead. Sigh.

LOL, with our luck it will be LML if they fire the Grim Reapers.

• Members
WOW..Susan NEVER talks about the status of the show or makes comments like what they are doing doesn't make for great entertainment, so she must feel very strongly about things now. GOOD FOR YOU SUSAN. I know she is not happy about how they are writing Erica and Jackson (we are right with you babe :P ) and she and Walt loved doing the comedic thing and they should have kept it that way instead of giving us this unbelievable garbage that they are pushing right now. There is a fan letter in SOD today with a fan complaining about this too. She/He is upset that these idiot writers are ruining Erica and Jack as individuals as well as a couple in this storyline and ITA. :angry:

• Members

I'll clap for Susan....but where the !@#$%^&*] was she when McTavish was systematically destroying the show. She didn't say a damn thing. She was perfectly content with McTavish killing off fan favorites, rewriting history and driving away the vets. What has brought on this sudden decision to speak out (even if she's doing it subtly). Yeah...she gets no points with me.

Archived