AMC: Lucci on AMC...

• Members

I can understand why Susan spoke highly of McTrash back in 2003 & 2004... a lot of the stories were featuring the Erica character and her rape and gave Susan stuff to play. 2003 was revisiting her rape via the Bianca rape, and 2004 revisited her drug addiction and rape again.

But after that, it was all downhill. 2005 gave Susan nothing of substance because Eden/Bianca left and Erica was "happily" married to Jackson. Then 2006 took away one of Susan's defining moments which was Erica's 1973 abortion storyline which made headlines.

In reality, McTrash didn't give Erica anything fresh, the way Carlivati is giving Viki a fresh story. It was all rehash of the rape, the drug addiction, the abortion. Nothing new for Susan to sink her teeth into. I think now, she's realizing that. Especially with B&E having Erica fret and whine over two 30 year old "children." That's got to be pissing Susan off, considering a lot of the scuttlebut was that she was pissed with Sarah Gellar because TPTB appeared to be priming her and Kendall to be the "next" Erica.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Actually I heard the opposite, SMG, was going around acting like she was the "Next" erica, thats what pissed susan off and was talking bad about susan behind susan's back to some of the younger castmates at the time( I got that info from Syd penny, she did an article with some soap mag and talked about smg/sl bad blood, I'm trying to remember the article). She has no problem with alicia, and likes her alot.

• Members

I don't think Lucci is thinking of herself alone, maybe I'm wrong. B&E have destroyed the K-M family unit, they've more or less "destroyed" Jack and Erica BUT IMO Erica has been written better in the past 4-5 months then she was written in the previous year by McTavish and the interim writers (Jeff/Jack triangle that had her acting like a idiotic teenager, the riduculous reality shows - especially the first one - horrible stuff). That's maybe the one and only thing I'll give B&E credit for. Then again I may be wrong, maybe she didn't mind that really stupid stuff because it was more Erica-centric? From that article we know she didn't mind the He Said/She Said talk show - but even I'd agree it was an improvement from the "Divorce" show.

McTavish did the Michael Cambias story which was very Kane women-centric and it gave Lucci a solid year of pretty good story except for that Desiree crap, which she wanted. What did Lucci really have in the last half of 2004 and 2005 except kissing Ryan's butt? 2006, the Fetus, the Jeff/Jack triangle, the talks show. One could argue she was backburned in that 2004-2005 era and she didn't complain, that makes me think she's not complaining now (at least primarily) because of any status issue on the show but because she does see the show is going down a very bad path...and it's by time she defended her show.

Putting character balance aside because that's never stopped being a problem since McTavish took over in 2003 with mixed results, Lucci brung up something that I've been yammering about - the emotional balance on the show is so f**ked up. You do have a group of 10 characters at the most being 90% of the show, that's a problem, but the bigger problem is the storylines are all so jaded and dark. It's like all the Grim Reapers know is darkness and tragedy. It's not at all appealing, how can it be?

As others have said, I think it's time for a new Executive Producer. Firing B&E would be a positive and necessary step, but getting a good EP who is willing to stand up for AMC against hack writers and Frons is key. How such an EP will be hired under Frons - I don't know? Maybe if Frons gets desperate and lets his guard down?

• Members

Sydney did pretty much say they had a clique, the younger women, and SMG was being a bit of bitch about it and it caused problems. The Lucci so damn jealous stuff was Michael Logan being a drama queen causing trouble, lol. The clique thing - I think that initially stemmed from a misunderstanding between the two and you get an entire snowball effect.

• Members

Culliton used Lucci pretty heavily until the end of his stint.

He wrote the Bianca/Frankie story which of course led to Erica's murder trial, and the return of Kendall. He also gave her the Chris storyline.

BUT...come Fall 2002, Erica went to the backburner.

In reality, Culliton had big plans for Erica: He planned to bring back Eric Kane, pair Jack and Erica, and throw in the Jack/Greenlee twist all at the same time.

When Frons come in, he nixed all of that.

(Of course, Rayfield/Cascio would resurrect the Jack/Erica and Jack/Greenlee plots later).

Anyway, my point? When Lucci was on the backburner that fall, she was not happy at all. So while she didn't go running to the mags about her disappointment, she did voice her displeasure to TPTB. I believe that was a main reason why the Jack/Erica pairing was resurrected after it was originally nixed.

• Members

I don't mind people speaking out, as a matter of fact, think more actors should speak out when it's important. However....I find it very....odd that she's choosing to speak out now, after all the bullshit that went down with McTavish. You have to wonder is it because she's unhappy with her story and lack of airtime, or is it for the overall betterment of the show, such as when Erika Slezak spoke out. Erika had been making subtle remarks about the quality of the show for months, and it wasn't in response to her character until the end. Erika was no stranger to being on the backburner (it's been going on since Malone) and IMO was generally unhappy with the direction of the show. I find Susan's timing very suspicious.

• Members

Finally LaLucci speaks up! The woman has not been a lead on this show for a while now. I can't think of any of the sl in past 5 years that were done with an Erica front and center perspective. Bianca's sl had her in supporting, the Josh was not her sl, and then all duds they have had for her that ended soon (Vegas, New Beginnings, etc)

I am willing to bet Collin is on his way out I noticed he isn't even in the new ABC soap hunks calendar (that doesn't bode well).

Who could be the 90% she is referring too LOL I don't even need to say it.

Archived