When Reel Life Meets Real Life

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

-Kamar DLR's wrist injury as part of the Capricorn arson story on OLTL and later the reason he was replaced for a while so he could take care of it.

-Laura Wright cutting her long hair short and Cassie getting a hair makeover for her first date with Edmund on GL.

-Didn't the Hayes' use their own marriage vows for their characters' marriage on Days?

-Rosalind Cash's Mary Mae Ward giving a beautiful speech to Stone on GH while he had AIDS and while she, the actress, was battling the cancer that she soon died from.

And, I thought this was an interesting comment, in a reverse reel-to-real way, on how much the character of Laura Baldwin was part of Genie's life back in the day when she talked about Luke & Laura's dance in the department store as being her prom.

• Members

The love triangle that included Kamar de Los Reyes, Timothy Adams, and Sherri Saum.

Hollywood legend Farley Granger being fired from OLTL for sexually harrassing some of the young males (I think it's a crock)

Executive producer Paul Rauch putting the moves on Maeve Kinkead when she was on AW.

George Reinhold's hairy nudie pics.

Ian Buchanan's sexual harrassment of Jacob Young on B&B (another crock)

Y&R's Jamie Lynn Bauer nudie pics.

Jacob Young & Steven Martines fight scene that CLEARLY showed erections on GH

• Members

-In conjunction with Rosalind Cash's death that I mentioned before, when GH had Mary Mae's funeral, Cash's real life friends and mourners like Esther Rolle and Lou Rawls were in attendance. Lou Rawls sang as part of the choir.

-The HIV+ Lee Mathis who played HIV+ Jon Hanley on GH (the guy that helped Lucy out with the Nurse's Ball). Having the job allowed him to have insurance. His character died when he died.

-Beverlee McKinsey doing a one-day stint on GH to keep her insurance active.

• Members

One from the distant past;

On ATWT, the actress who played Elizabeth Talbot Stewart was in a B'way play that had nudity. HW Irna Phillips was so outraged she wanted to kill off the character. On her first attempt, fan out cry led PandG to intervene. The second time Phillips had the character die in one episode so there was no time to save her.

There were rumors that Robim Strasser left AW because she got tired of being harassed by crazy pro-Alice and Steve fans.

Hunter Tylo claimed that she was written off Days because she spurned SK's advances. (Riiiigghht. Totally believable. Not.)

Matt Ashford's contract dispute in '91 led to him going on the run in the horrific Hawk/Baby Howie story.

• Members

Well, I don't know about boners, but here's some YouTube stuff of when they were on GH...

SM cannot keep his eyes off JY in the scenes when they sent Laura to the psych hospital :( (a horrible travesty of a SL which Guza and JFP should have been fired for).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZT77ez81aY

OMG, the acting bY those two is so bad, though.

That's really all I could find. YouTube posters have good taste, though, because there are a TON of Tyler Christopher/Jonathan Jackson scenes posted.

• Members

I just read an old article that said she was fired for being a diva. Also Emma Samms demanded ex-boyfriend Tristan Rogers be fired in order for her to return. The ratings were in the toilet so they paid her $1 million to return and fired Gloria Monty as well.

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Oct 26 2007, 01:54 PM)
I just read an old article that said she was fired for being a diva. Also Emma Samms demanded ex-boyfriend Tristan Rogers be fired in order for her to return. The ratings were in the toilet so they paid her $1 million to return and fired Gloria Monty as well.

Monty is the one who got Samms to return. In fact it was her last act before she got canned. Hughes quit following battles with Monty, and Rogers followed her out the door.

• Members

The only one I can currently remember is some guy from AMC - forget the character but he was paired with Brooke. He went to some event for the show and apparently sexually harassed an employee at the club where the event was taking place. She was suing ABC over it I think. He got canned after that and replaced by another actor.

Also did'nt Ingo Rademacher and Josh Duhamel get into a fight at the Emmy's one year because Ingo hit on Josh's then fiance. I think I read something about Cam hinting that she and Josh should join him a threesome also but Josh declined the invite. :lol: That last part could be total BS but its actors so nothing would surprise me.

• Members

When Brenda Dickson was fired from Y&R for pulling some diva antics which Bill Bell didn't like. Bill Bell fired her 'on the spot' in the studio after she stormed off during a scene after having a tiff with Ed Scott.

The interesting part of this is that it seems Bill Bell had been considering firing Dickson for a while because Jess Walton reported to Y&R the following week.

• Members

>> The only one I can currently remember is some guy from AMC - forget the character but he was paired with Brooke. He went to some event for the show and apparently sexually harassed an employee at the club where the event was taking place. She was suing ABC over it I think. He got canned after that and replaced by another actor.

He was Pierce Riley, played by James A. Fitzpatrick.

Archived