ALL: So Tired of 1 or 2 Characters dominating?

• Members

Why do Writers have these silly obsession over 1 or 2 characters. Look over at General Hospital, the Show is almost nothing then just Jason and the whole stupid Mob wars. I stopped watching GH because so tired of Jason and Sonny Show and when they are caught or something, they are only rewarded with a slap on the wrist. Take Jason on trail for an instant, he is a cold blooded killer and i know he was the one to kill Alcazar(i dont know if he is dead because i haven't watched GH like since september 1st and Jason yet again was not guilty again. Hey i do love Jason Morgan but come on, it is pretty sad that Steve Burton takes up almost the entire show, hey steve burton is a great actor but come on give him a break.

The problem for GH is that they need more balance and not just focus around certain characters for months for example Jason/Elizabeth/Sam/Lucky/Sonny/Carly/Jerry Jacks. I quit watching GH because the show is nothing but the Mob and so tired of it. TELL ME WHEN THEIR IS MORE BALANCE AND THAT THE MOB SHOW IS DONE, then i will come back to watch.

another thing that all the storys on GH is a turn off. God i hate the whole Jason/Elizabeth fighting their feelings thing. Whats this is like the 400 times we been through this lol.

Days Of Our Lives

Now over at Days Of Our Lives, the show is nothing but Sami and EJ. But hey lately days has gotten better balance and from the spoilers for the next month or 2, we will cont the balance and we get more Deidre Hall. Hey i love Allison Sweeney and James Scott, they are amazing actor/actress but Sheffer has some sick obsession with them that is not heathly lol. Days can be the best soap on television if we get better balance. The last 3 episodes amazing balance, writing, directing, acting and i hope days keeps it up. Sheffer needs to give Ali and James a day off for once, they are always on. I don't mind the young adults on, their story is alot better now then Touch The Sky, its alot more realistic but keep them to 2-3 days per week.

I understand that the writers have their favorites but with Hogan Sheffer, he plays too much favorites in Sami and EJ. Heck i got my favorites too in Chelsea and Stephanie and if i was writer, i would focus on them alot but i won't over do it what sheffer is doing. Also i thought about this, have Sami on alot isn't that bad, well if u compare Sami's airtime to Jason's airtime on GH, it is like half of airtime. Ali was in 134 episodes this year so far and Steve Burton was in 174 episodes, the show is like nothing then just Jason.

I think Days is alot better and the best soap on television right now. Too bad nbc or the fans cant see that, Days right now do have balance between the vets and the younger set. Their acting, directing and writing has been awesome.

Yea Shelley and Darin was on alot in september but i think Sheffer is setting up their relationship story and i am happy about that. I love Stephanie and Max.

POINT IS THAT A SHOW CAN'T DO WELL WITH JUST 1 CHARACTER DOMINATING LIKE SAMI BRADY ON DAYS AND JASON MORGAN ON GH.

WRITERS, HOW HARD IS IT TO GIVE US BALANCE.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have this thing on my computer where I get webclips from this message board and it doesn't tell me who posts but I can also tell when someone has created another thread on another topic that we discuss every month in the episode counts.

• Members

Well I agree with you stephanie....I find alot of the soaps recycle the same storylines with the same people. For a while I thought they could change the name of ATWT to Gwen and Will's neverending drama! But finally they are giving us a little break from that storyline. I'm just curious about something....almost afraid to mention it....but I'm almost afraid to start threads sometimes because it seems some people really rag on people for their threads or opinions. I thought this was a message board where we all kind of aired our thoughts and love or hate of our fave soaps and couples? Sometimes its scary to even post!!

• Members

Well on All my Children is happening with Zach and Kendall and I"m so tired so them. It's so patheic that a show with some of the most talented people on it make us watch these two characters everyday. I want to see more Palmer,Adam, Tad, Marion, Erica, Colby, Sean,Julia, Josh and Opal Not the Zach and Kendall Hour.

• Members

You and me both....thats why I stick to the GH boards primarily...plus the primetime stuff like GG. Much more friendlier crowd.

Anyways balance is good but I admit that I do have favorites and that their are some characters that I could care less about on certain soaps yet seem to be obsessions for other people.

• Members

I think that many times, people get annoyed with people who have been banned, yet continue to come back as if nothing ever happened. With so many members on the board, it's hard for the admins and mod to keep track, so some people slip through the cracks. The members catch right on though, and in their annoyance, I think at times they take it out on those people.

For the most part, we're not a bad bunch. We like to discuss a lot of different things, but there are people who can't respect others opinions and those who post only to annoy others. If you ever have a problem, just PM me and I'll try to handle it for ya :D

Archived