Why isn't Vivian Gundaker executive producer of ATWT?

• Members

Just ran into this clip of ATWT from 1987. James kidnaps Lily. And Lucinda is front and center. So many great vets on. Well I noticed that Vivian Gundaker was with the show back then. I knew she had been there for a while but didnt know she had been at ATWT that long. Toups, do you know when she first started at ATWT? She has 20 possibly more years on ATWT. She knows the history of the show. Why isn't she the executive producer of ATWT instead of Goutman?

Here is the clip with ending credits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmyYb65HOpY

The video was embedded so I cant put the video up only the link.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks! Great clips! It's great that they have someone there who knows the history, now if they would just apply that.

Considering the writing for two of my favorites, Paul and Emily, the last few years, I kinda wish James had succeeded. Paul, Emily, and James on an island might be an improvement right now.

• Members

I changed the embedding settings so that clip could be posted. Normally I just allow the first part of an episode to be embedded so I lure people to the other videos.

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

• Members

Well she has been on some of the previews of spoilers lately instead of JP or CG so maybe she is having more of an influence on what is being done right now show wise???

I agree though I would much rather have someone with 20 years with the show be running things other than the clueless CG, and I don't read history as it is not important hack Jean Pissante.

• Administrator

She wasn't listed in the April 1986 credits that I have so 86-87 is about the time the started at ATWT.

I've learned from Steve Wyman and Dena Higley that just because you've been with the show for 20 years, doesn't mean you're fit to be a HW or EP. Sometimes you're just better off as a producer or staff writer.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived