DAYS: Thursday, Oct. 11

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OK... am I supposed to root for the Brady family? Really? I mean I've always loved the DiMeras but I can't EVER remember hating the Bradys THIS MUCH and just rooting so hard for the DiMeras to wipe them off the face of the planet. In the past I knew the DiMeras had what was coming to them and I was happy to watch the Bradys give it to them even if I felt bad for the DiMeras a little bit. But now? I just don't get why exactly those stupid, smug, sanctimonious a-holes in the Brady family can't be bothered to actually, ya know, GET OFF THEIR ASSES AND TAKE SOME ACTION TO END THE FEUD and/or use their chokehold on the Salem PD to arrest those evil DiMeras for their crimes but instead decide to solve all their problems by sitting around trading delusional premature congrats over the feud being over and the downfall of the DiMeras while high-fiving each other at a Brady Pub pep rally for Sami and Lucas? Their collective impotence and self-righteousness grates.

VENdetta, Lucas. VENdetta. You'd think after the billion times that word has been said in the last four months on DOOL that it would sink in by now but I guess not. To refresh: VENdetta.

BTW, I hate this show for making me feel sorry for Lucas and Shawn, the two male characters I like the least, for the way they are being cuckolded right now. Thanks for perpetrating the most loathesome love triangles known to daytime, Hogan. Really appreciate that.

The EJ taking a step back toward the dark side didn't bother me as much as I thought it would based on the spoilers, even if I recognize what EJ doing is really dumb and stupid. The thing is, in this instance, I can forgive EJ his desperation right now because I understand it from a character standpoint, not just a plot standpoint, which didn't happen the previous times they had EJ go BSC. On Monday he caved to Sami completely in promising to LIE TO HIS FATHER because of his love for her and he promised to accept Sami's feelings for Lucas, which are both things that are practically impossible for EJ to do and Sami is the only person who is powerful enough to make him do these things, yet here he is today finding himself repaid for this softness of heart by Sami reneging on the deal to marry him and rejecting him again after her family and Lucas pressure her into refusing him and push her into seeing him as nothing but evil. It's the same deal as when EJ tried so hard to be a good guy in trying to accept Sami's marriage to Lucas and agreeing to be civil for the sake of the children when he thought he was going to be the dad, but then having that ripped away from him and told he was irrelevant he freaked out and did the ice truck thing. While I know that this is all written so sloppily at times it makes him seem bipolar, I guess I moreso now see all of this as EJ's journey as he tries to figure out who he is and who he wants to be and who he has to be. This situation is a reminder for EJ that often the old adage is true that nice guys finish last and Sami is not someone easily killed with kindness. As EJ is not a patient man, when Plan A (being nice and noble fails) he quickly goes to plan B which is his manipulative and less attractive but more persuasive side. In that scene where Sami was trying to let EJ down gently I got the sense he is embarrassed now that he let Sami see him weak and in his poor mind that has been warped by Stefano into thinking vulnerability is a sin he is upset with himself that he put all Sami's fears at ease in their talk on Monday.

But I liked what EJ had to say in his talk with Stefano explaining why he has to have Sami by his side if he is to carry on in the family. Stefano pointed out that EJ could have a harem if he wanted thanks to his looks and money, yet EJ saves himself for one woman. Why? Even if EJ's concept of love may not be typical or ideal a lot of the time, he does love Sami. I am glad that the show is sticking with that and the EJ-Stefano dynamic continues to fascinate in spite of its many inconsistencies.

I'm also intrigued by Stefano's comments "if you only knew..." at the end of his encounter with Shawn. Maybe Colleen ran away with Santo and just left her habit on the cliffs to make people think she died? And Stefano just made up this whole vendetta to try to help EJ win Sami because he needs to have Sami in the DiMera fold if he's going to ever keep EJ there? That could be kind of interesting.

p.s. Have any of you had an annulment from the catholic church before? Do they really look like takeout menus in real life? Just wondering.

• Members

I was cheering Stefano on when he ripped into Shawn about the Colleen saga. The Bradys have been very quick to condemn Santo for "forcing" Colleen to be with him but have been silent about her da, who forced her into becoming a nun when she clearly yearned for a different life. Colleen made her own decisions, despite the pressure she was getting from BOTH sides. There are no good guys in this story so the Bradys need to stop being so sanctimonious and self-righteous. I knew Stefano had told Shawn about his mother on purpose; why didn't Shawn ever figure it out? He was watching his dad flirt with another woman while knowing his mother was alive and waiting back in Italy. Of course, he wanted Santo and Colleen split apart! As for Colleen--I was already having doubts that she actually jumped to her death and now I'm convinced she didn't die that day...and Stefano knows what happened.

Lucas and the Bradys are being ridiculous to think they've vanquished the Dimeras by sitting around the Pub eating clam chowder. Sami is the only one who's been pro-active and is still the only one concerned. And EJ is desperate now to win the woman he loves and being the nice guy hasn't worked so of course (being that he's a Dimera) he's going to try something to convince Sami the threat is real. The Bradys are being delusional right now.

• Members

First off, I think the episode rocked! Somehow, the show has morphed into a serious drama, where characters have actual conversations. If they can keep the intensity up, I honestly think there is hope for the show. Maybe the pieces are all finally coming together.

The chemistry between JJK and Martha Madison is so good; so much better than Beemer and Madison. I think for the first time, we could see Belle feeling something romantic for Philip; heck, I feel something romantic for Philip :)

Joseph Mascolo deserves an emmy; I believe every word he says. It's so great to see him not being the campy Stefano of the JER years.

I loved seeing John, Marlena, Bo, Hope, Sami, and Lucas together. And I can't help but enjoying seeing Sami as the centerpiece of the show, when for years she was played as a selfish schemer who would never be as pretty or nice as Carrie. I wonder if Christie had never left the show the first time, if Carrie would be the central star.

• Members

I think they were grooming her to be. I think her leaving led to them grooming Ali Sweeney. She announced she was leaving in June 1999 and that is when we had the first attempt to transform Sami and change her so it as obviously the beginning of making her the show's center.

Today was great. Loved the Pub stuff and seeing Bo, Hope, Marlena, and John convincing Sami that she doesn't have to marry EJ. Loved the scenes.

Frank Parker and Joe Mascolo shined again. Loved the twist there. The ending with Shawn Sr and Andre was gripping.

Phelle was adorable. I was a Shelle fan for a bit but JKJ and MM have it going on. I think I may be converting. :lol: .

Look forward to the big day tomorrow.

• Members

I watched a little while i was at work, and will watch the whole thing later on my dvr..But i loved what i saw..I'm so excited at the potential of phillip and belle..the chemistry is amazing...And the pub scenes were great..Sadly this will probably be one of the last episodes ever featuring these six characters together...

And shawn vs stefano was wonderful..Kudos again to Frank Parker and Joe Mascolo..

Archived