DAYS: Tuesday, Oct. 9

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OK, so aside from the Cheatin Heart and Kayla-Pocket stuff this was a filler episode and a half. LOL at the TRIPLE flashback that Phillip had over Lauren. Don't think I've ever seen that before on DOOL.

The EJ/Sami/Lucas stuff was just odd. EJ and Sami were back at the pub again yet they were wearing different clothes and now Lucas is there and it felt like we came into their talk mid-conversation. Doesn't anyone have a home any more? I mean I get that it seems like EJ may be developing alcoholism as he always has a drink in his hand now so it makes sense for him to be at the bar again, but Sami? When was the last time we saw her apartment? I wonder if they got rid of that set? And what's up with Sami and EJ wearing different clothes yet it's still the same day in the Phillip-Belle-Billie-Shawn scenes. Did we miss something? I did like the EJ interjections sticking up for Sami though as Lucas and Sami had the same argument for the 99th time as at least that added a little variety to the scene. "No one makes me do what I don't want to do." Oh really, Sami? So are you saying that EJ has never made you do what you didn't want to do? Never FORCED you to do something you didn't want to do? Are we back to Dec. 29 was a bargain and not rape then DOOL writers? Damn this show sends out mixed messages like nobody's business.

Today I finally decided it's annoying that Kate is doing nothing for Phillip in regards to Tyler. Have Phillip and Kate ever talked about it? I mean I know having Kate and Phillip interact would remind viewers that Kate doesn't actually have to whore herself out to Stefano because if she was in trouble Phillip could just float her some cash, but where the hell is she? And it's sad that the only story Billie can have is supporting the Shellip triangle. Ugh. LOL at Belle of all people getting the Salem brain today and figuring out that Lauren abandons baby at the hospital + Pocket = Tyler.

The Hope and Kayla stuff was good. Enjoyed the Frankie mention. Michael from AW, where the hell have you been?

Shock of all shocks I actually liked the Cheatin Heart stuff (other than Stephanie not being there for her mom at all as she deals with Benjy dead, Steve in jail and now apparently Pocket being taken away) but why did they have to give the new guy the name FORD DECKER?! Where do they come up with these names? I hate him on sight just because apparently the guy is nothing more than some inside joke from a "Blade Runner" fan. And they needed to have a bachelor's auction and Chelsea didn't call Jett? So they are going to have a shirtless guy scene and not incorporate Marcus Patrick into it when as far as I can tell it was his body that was the only reason that he was hired? BTW, where's Nick? Now that Chelsea and Stephanie are in a sorority are they not allowed to hang out with him? But damn I can deal with that because Chelsea's weird crying rant was actually interesting to me and Darin Brooks is a SEXY boy and I had a lot of fun watching him in this scene. Yay for shirtless men on Days and I can dig scenes with Chelsea, Stephanie and Max interacting with each other.

Wasn't sure if Hogan Sheffer could show any more contempt for the Catholic church than with his Santeen story (corrupt priest, busybody sister, weak and unstable novice who committed suicide but was given a plaque in a church after her death?), but with that quickie annulment Stefano bought? Wow. Brazen. Not that I am even Catholic or a big supporter of organized religion or anything, but if I was I could see these stories turning me off right off the bat with their anti-church slant. And when did Stefano get that motorized wheelchair? I liked his pimp cane better.

Overall a C+ episode, I'm just ready to get to the meaty stuff later in the week already.

• Administrator

I really liked the sorority storyline today. LOL I thought it was fun. Did you see that look Steph gave to Morgan at the end? Catfight!! :lol:

This Pocket/Phillip storyline is interesting too. Tomorrow's previews looked really good with Philip/Steve/Kayla.

• Members

The word "vendetta" is annoying the heck out of me. It has been used for months, lets go back to calling it feud or something other than vendetta. I know it is a vendetta but still it can be called other things for just something different.

Nice seeing Billie but the show all around seems kind of boring today though the younger set is interesting.

• Members

Yeah I like the casting of Morgan and the other girls so far. I don't know what to make of the new Ford Decker guy, because like I said, I can't get past the awful name, but that sorority scene was something fun even if a little frivolous. It was just nice to have a break from Days of our Deaths and Days of our VENDETTAS to see people on this show having fun again.

• Members

I am so tired of this Lucas/Sami/EJ drama.

It's been going on for about a year, and Sami and EJ have been tiptoeing around for over a year. I didn't want the relationship to be jumped into, I am not even an EJami fan necessarily because EJ raped her, but my goodness I don't care who she chooses I just want this triangle to end.

• Members

The Steve/Kayla/Pocket storyline definetly kicked into a new gear now that Philip KNOWS that Pocket is his son and will taking the baby away from Kayla & Steve.

I like that DAYS intertwined these two stories and it certainly is a nice retreat from some of the others storylines (that aren't bad IMO, just nice to have something else).

Mary Beth was the MVP of the episode today.

• Members

Loved yesterday's Hope/Sami and Tony/EJ scenes. Also loved Lauren's death and the way it was handled.

Great seeing Billie and I love that the Pocket story is moving so fast. Glad Philip knows.

MBE was awesome today and good seeing Hope supporting her. That CPS lady is annoying.

The Pub scenes were ok but the same old go round. Good seeing Stefano again and the ending wasn't bad.

The Cheatin Heart stuff was actually good. I just love seeing Max, Chelsea, and Stephanie interacting and this story suits them because it's realistic and age-appropriate. The Ford Decker guy was not at all like I expected. I was expecting him to be stuck up and very much like Jeremy. I kind of like him. I also like the sorority girls. This story is a nice lighthearted story. I kind of hope they go further with the hazing though because this does have potential.

• Members

Today Show was amazing especially the Sorority Scene. I loved every scene with Max/Stephanie/Chelsea in it because Darin, Shelley and Rachel work great in scenes together and all have like friendship chemistry. I always enjoy scenes with them. OMG DID YOU SEE THE LOOK STEPHANIE GAVE TO MORGAN, one word i have to say Catfight. I am loving Shelley Hennig as Stephanie, she is doing a great job. I could get behind a rivalry of Stephanie vs Morgan. I actually do like Morgan, i kinda do like Cordi too but I like Morgan more. The actress in very pretty and pretty good but no where as good as Rachel Melvin or Shelley Hennig.

I got one question, are those guys gay. They did not want to get up on that stage, If it was me, i would have gotten up on that stage and waited to be auctioned off, i prefer Stephanie Johnson lol.

I am actually loving this sorority storyline, it is the only part that is interesting me. I wonder where Hogan Sheffer is going with this. I think it is a way to get Stephanie and Max together. I would love to see a love triangle with Morgan/Max/Stephanie.

I do like Ford Decker, i think the actor is pretty good but Hogan Sheffer sucks at giving new people names

The rest of the show did nothing for me, no offense to Ali, James and Bryan but everything is about Sami/Lucas/EJ. Sheffer got to stop playing favs and give them a day or 2 off.

another thing, WHERE IS NICK?

But again, wow that look Stephanie gave Morgan when she put 500 dollars out on Max. She was like speechless from the beginning with her jaw dropping alittle and then gave Morgan this look. Shelley did a great job with the facial expresson. I love her so much.

Chelsea and her crying, i just wanted to jump through the tv screen and comfort her. Did i say, I love Morgan. She is HOT HOT HOT, almost as Hot then Stephanie and Chelsea but not completely.

• Members

I found the show very enjoyable. Mary Beth Evans has really come into her own as Kayla. I have said this before, but I think it took her awhile to remember who Kayla was. But she brings such heart, and such goodness to the role, I can't help but believe everything she feels. I love Dee Hall and Marlen and her campy acting, but their is is a soulfulness that Mary Beth brings to the role, that I think is only rivaled by the way Genie Francis played Laura on GH. I also really enjoy the interaction between Max, Stephanie, and Chelsea, and wouldn't mind if Nick wasn't involved anymore at all. And Max was looking hot today, obviously working out.

Looking forward to the Philip, Steve, and Kayla scenes. I hope somehow Billie's brief past with Steve comes out with this, maybe Steve plays on Billie's emotions, so she can convince Philip to let them keep the kid. Somehow, Tyler represents Steve and Kayla's second chance, and I wonder if losing him, would tear them apart.

And I loved when Sami reminded Lucas that she may be a little tamer, but she is still deep down, the same Sami Brady! I'm starting to like Lucas again and the actor, but I just feel the chemistry between Sami and EJ is so strong, that it has to be explored. And it's time for Lucas to have a viable love interest as well; Carrie and Nicole never counted. I would like see Bryan have the same chance to create sparks with someone else, like Alison has.

• Members

I only caught the last act of today's show. I'm going to start taping, especially the rest of this week.

But I can talk about what I did see.

I can't get over how much the character of Lucas has matured in such a short time. It can't be the writing for Lucas because it's the same stuff. I think Ed Scott and the directors have set Bryan Dattilo down and told him how to deliver his lines. He no longer sounds like a punk. He sounds like someone's actual adult husband. His selfishness is still there, but he is now a man, and not a boy any longer. I can now believe it when Lucas tells Kate that he is through with her and on his own.

I loved the music they used for the ending. It's nothing new, but they're finally putting the music that they have in the right place. Before, this track would be used just randomly in a scene and it didn't fit. Today, it fit in well with the scene and proved to be a great ending scene track. Thank God for the incline in the techinical department!

I don't mind the sorority stuff at all. I think it has to do with the there only being 3 of the younger cast members being involved in the storyline. It doesn't make it seem that bad as it Touch the Sky was. Ford Decker is nothing like I expected him to be. I'm not a fan. I do like the sorority sisters though, especially Morgan. Hell, I'd take any female paired with Max, rather than Chelsea or Stephanie.

Archived