DAYS: Tuesday, Oct. 9

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Based on the characters' parents history, it would be a gold mine of a story, I don't know if I'd be able to buy Jay K. Johnson and Shelley Henning as a couple. I remember when they first hinted to it when Shayna Rose and Kyle Brandt were still in the roles, when Kate wanted Stephanie to get Philip's mind off of Belle, again, I thought that there was too much an age difference in the characters and they just don't look right together.

• Members

Today was good. Not as good as some of the stuff from last week but bad either. This soroity/bachelor auction is entertaining a big improvement over the Touch the Sky crap. Okay, fine anytime Max takes his shirt off I will say the show is good.

• Members

I called that months ago; thought it would be perfect, and that Henning and Johnson would have chemistry; heck Shelly looks a lot like Nadia Bjorlin. However, if I had written this story, Steve and Kayla would have had a lot more time to bond with Tyler, we would have seen that his being in their life solidified the relationship after all of their time apart; Stephanie and Philip would have fallen in love, and just as that happens; Steph learns the truth. Whose heart does she break? Her parents? Or the man she loves? Good drama. Stephanie ultimately doesn't tell Philip to protect her parents; Philip learns the truth, breaks up with Stephanie; yet they are still drawn together. Summer 2008 would have rocked lol Oh, and then Philip, with the help of Kate and Stefano, could bring some dangerous people from Steve's past to town, ultimately even causing more trouble for Philip and Stephanie. And then when Stephanie becomes the victim of the danger, Philip rescues her, and it looks like they can start again. Ok, I'll stop lol. Except that I truly believe Henning has the potential to be a breakout star, as that JKJ should be a hot leading man on the show

• Members

The Hope and Kayla scenes were very touching; the Phillip/Belle/Shawn/Billy stuff was ok - the best part was the look on Phillips face when he walked out to go get his son. A man with determination and attitude can be a huge positive when it fits the actor/character, and with Phillip it works. With EJ and Andre/Tony it works. With lucas it doesn't, and I swear I am honestly trying to get over being so annoyed by him - but it's just not working at all.

I don't know if the writers think we're so ignorant that we need to hear the reasons Sami is going to marry EJ every time lucas is on or just what the deal is, but I feel like I'm watching a mutant version of the energizer rabbit: lucas just keeps going on and on and on and saying the exact same things over and over and over again. Maybe Sami needs to draw him a freaking picture so we can be spared from having to hear it, and they can talk about something else - as in Anything else!! I get that he's upset, angry and all that other stuff, and that he's the man Sami's "always" dreamed of being with (this year at least) and she's doing this only to protect her family blah, blah, blah. I'm ready to start doing shots along with EJ just to get me thru these insanely annoying scenes!!

In fact I would have been happy if the sami/lucas scenes would have gone to Chelsea, Max, Stephanie and the frat/sorority people since they were 100 times more interesting!! Morgan is a keeper for sure and reminds me of several of the girls I went to college with. I'm not so sure on the new guy; hopefully his acting ability will be more obvious in time. He came off a little too much like "Jed" - although the no beer belly guy reminded me of Jed (face/hair). Max was funny on stage and he might do very well with Morgan - it would fit the Days rich girl, less wealthy boy thing and could make for a good story (depending on if they have any chemistry or not).

Slow day, but it might make what's coming up feel even more dramatic. But if Sami has to tell lucas one more time WHY she feels she needs to marry EJ, I'm apt to need the services of AA sooner rather than later.

• Members

Thanks :) I really wish Steve and Kayla had more time with Tyler because it would mean that much more if he was taken away. I can't recall if Kayla ever said this directly, but I always got the feeling that she felt having this baby was her second chance with Steve, that they could get back what they had lost. And if Stephanie had to choose between her parents, and the man she loves? it's soapy, and why we watch daytime drama.

• Members

I just had to make a little comment about the mvid in the original post featuring Steve signing The Rose proposing to Kayla. I had watched this yesterday and then later that evening I watched Napoleon Dynamite. I had forgotten that Napoleon was part of a group that signed to The Rose in a classroom scene at the beginning of the movie. :lol:

Archived