ATWT: Is Goutman out?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know that Goutman does alot(and I mean alot) of enabling where Jean Passanante is concerned, but my bigger fear is who would replace Goutman.

At least with Goutman as a showrunner, we have shitty stories, but great production values. Goutman leaves and whoever replaces him may end up really inflating the budget(casuing even more cast cuts) or not knowing how to properly manage the show.

If they replace Goutman, there better be a really good plan in place for whoever replaces him. Especially since there's no chief of PGP anymore.

Goutman is a great EP. He just needs a really good HW to breathe life into the shows he produces.

• Members

Goutman and great production values seem to have parted ways recently. Half the scenes are now shot with a harsh creamsicle tint. If that darn meeting place in the middle of town was divided in half and reworked, Lily and Holden could have their own living room, maybe with materials left over for a workplace like BRO. Story wise, he doesn't get involved nearly enough to diffuse Passanante's weaknesses.

• Members

I think Goutman is a good EP if he has the RIGHT headwriter. However, I do think the reason Goutman is keeping JP as HW goes beyond business. I think he's actually putting friendship before business. I'll never understand why though.

Archived