ATWT: Is Goutman out?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So Jean's out, eh?

Every move is risky with switching HWs, but is my sincere hope that they at least hire from within this time around and let those who have history and experience with this show control and dictate the story. While ATWT still has a decent amount of recognizable cast members.

• Members

Why can't someone from within do the same thing? Someone who has history with the writing staff and knows the show inside and out?!

And I'm not talking about promoting a scripwriter without a bible not knowing his credentials. Some are just better at breakdowns and dialogue. But I believe that those who want the job who have an excellent, character driven vision for the soap shouldn't be overlooked by someone who has had no prior experience with the soap in question(or daytime).

I'm not saying an outsider can't write for a soap opera, but with a new Head-Writer immediately comes the risk of things being worse off than they were already.

And while you do speak of Hogan Sheffer, look what he has done to DAYS. Some people like what he's done, whereas the ratings and some of the vocal fanbase says otherwise. Same could be said about Dena Higley.

Archived