ATWT: Former GH/Days actor joins cast...

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ok I will say that I like the actor, because I watched GH way back when, when Ned was on the show, so no problem there the guy can act. My problem NO MORE NEW CHARACTERS :angry: For the love of it all are we even going to have any of our cast left by the time they are done hiring more people.

• Members

Nope, I did not, then again he was the only new character at the time, in the last month or two, I think we have added atleast 6 new characters some have not even started airing yet. And there is atleast a point to Noah, some of these people I don't see point to yet (Sofie and Cole) for example. Plus I think Bonnie and Chris are not going to go well, or the Evan character.

• Members

These big name hires only seem to get used sparingly anyway. I was kind of excited to have Robin Mattson come on the show, and if she had a total of 20 appearances, I'd be surprised. I don't really get why TIIC are doing this. It kind of feels like false advertising. KWIM?

• Members

I think it's rather early to judge what Bonnie and Chris are going to do. It also sounds like Bonnie has only been brought on as a recurring character. I do think there is a point to the character of Chris. I think it is very important to have a young Hughes on the canvas since the show is so focused on youth. Without a younger Hughes, that family will just disappear even more than they have now, so I think there is a major point to Chris. And while I am happy that Luke got a story and a love interest, I do think Noah gets a pass in a lot of ways since that is the role he was brought on the show for. If it had been any other purpose, I think he would have been judged a lot more harshly. Evan is a 13 week contract and who knows if we will see him any more than we did Elwood.

I don't mind characters being brought on for short term stories as long as they don't dominate airtime. I think the problem is when they are well known like Wally and everybody expects them to get major airtime. I saw it happen with Robin, in that a lot of people thought she was being wasted, when she was only brought on for a small role. We have plenty of other characters being wasted without worrying about short term well known actors. I think some short term characters are needed in some stories, but they shouldn't dominate the story.

Archived