Will Bree Williamson leave OLTL? Will Jess be re-cast?

• Members

That is a big question at OLTL right now. Bree's contract officially expires in November. She signed a five year contract back in November 2002 and premiered in February of 2003. Her contract is coming to an end and she is thinking of exploring other options. The major thing for Bree if she stays is she wants a very short term contract maybe a year or six months. She does not want to be locked down in another big contract. She is considering other options besides OLTL. I have to say when she replaced Erin Torpey, I really did not like her but I grew to love her much more then Torpey. Bree has been a great re-cast and would love for her to stay. OLTL might be re-casting Jessica if Bree decides to exit the program. Will Bree leave and can Jess be easily re-cast?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would be devastated if Bree left. She's a very talented actress and has really made the role of Jessica her own. She hasn't given any indication that she's unhappy at the show, so I think they'll come to terms on a new deal, though it won't be for 5 years. I think she may sign for another 2 years, then may leave after that.

• Members

If Bree was to leave, that would be a huge loss to OLTL. Given that the character she plays is currently the most important in Llanview, her departure could cause ratings to slip by .1 or .2 ratings points.

I honestly don't think that they could recast her, since she is more popular than Erin Torpey was.

• Members

I am not so sure ABC would bring back Torpey either or if she wanted to return. She lives in LA doing her little music thing. The character of Jessica has changed alot since Torpey left five years ago. Torpey was a cute girl as the little girl grown up but what Torpey lacked was an IT factor/sex appeal. Bree has the whole package which is looks, talent, personality and that charisma Torpey lacked onscreen. Bree has been a great re-cast and she has grown so much as an actress in almost five years. She is definitely one of the show's most successful re-casts. I would miss her if she departed but understand she is young and this is the time to branch out. Five years on a program is a long time. Unlike Melissa Archer who I feel would not make it out of OLTL. I feel Bree has the opportunity to make it . Alot will depend on if ABC/Frons will give her a short deal with an out like a one year deal with an out. do you think Bree would committ to another five year deal? Get real that is way too much to ask someone to do that.

• Members

I don't think any of the young performers should be expected to commit to a four or five year deal. Daytime's future is not bright right now. I suspect that is why REG left. She didn't want to be tied down for four or five years.

As far as Bree, I think if they wanted her to stay they could work out an arrangement like they have with Kelly Monaco that would enable her to pursue other opportunities. I believe they have the same type arrangement with David Fumero. If she has other opportunties, she would be foolish not to explore them. I also think they would try to get Erin Torpey back. I personally think Bree captured the more mature Jessica. However, Erin Torpey and Frank Valentini have been close so I would imagine he would try to get her back. Erin would come in after five years and I think could do a fine job. Personally, I hope they work something out with Bree. They didn't with REG so i expect Bree to leave.

• Members

I wouldn't say that Bree has the 'whole' package while Torpey had none. Jessica under Bree has lacked the nuance to really play a strong, rootable, innocent character without coming out wholy naive -- which is why they ended up creating Tess. Torpey probably could have played believing in teacher Haver without coming off as a stubborn pampered princess. I notice how little they have given Jessica a career under Bree (a token attempt at publishing once every year or so), but one could easily picture Torpey's Jess following eagerly in her mother's publishing footsteps. However, the role and what they want out of it has changed so much, I don't see them bringing back Torpey.

• Members

I would really hate to see Bree go, but I think Jessica COULD leave the show..I mean she does have the whole Nash/Jared storyline going on now, but since she got ill, she has been on the backburner. I really hope she stays though, she's one of my favs on OLTL.

• Members

I think Bree does do a much better job in the part right now than Erin did. I also think she is very popular. However, as Sedrick said, she can be recast. And she would have to be recast. The character is more important to the show than the actress.

• Members

Hey Max. Jessica Is NOT The Most Important Character on One Life To Live. They Act like John McBain is the most Important Person on One Life. Natalie is on more than Jessica. Todd and Blair are more Important than Jessica. Also, They used to have Asa or Viki and Dorian. Jody

Archived