AMC: Would you want Dixie back even though shes dead

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My first thought is yes. But the more I think about it the more I want her to stay dead. I hate that too many characters die and then aren't really dead. They shouldn't have killed her in the first place. If she wasn't dead, then yes, I would want her back. But they killed her, they made their bed, now they have to lie in it.

Personally, I would rather have David and Brooke back.

• Members

Haha - this might be the FIRST time I wish you'd be quiet....

DIXIE IS LIFE! If they could recreate January 30, 2007 and just say 'we're kidding' - then I'd be in total bliss. I hate that Dixie was killed, and I'd support a major re-write just to get her back for good this time!

• Members

Absolutely! I want her back and I don't even care HOW they write it! I'm a diehard Tad/Dixie fan, and waited 18 years for them to have a baby together, and just as I was going to get it, they stomped all over me and T/D. I quit cold turkey on Dixie's last airdate, and I'm a 35 year viewer! I don't even care if Tad gets Kate now, becuz her whole reason for being was cancelled out when tiic killed off Dixie.

• Members

YES! I never thought I would give up on AMC but I was anticipating the Kate story for almost two decades and to be teased all of last year and then have them kill Dixie (with a poisoned peanut butter pancake) was an unforgiveable act for me. I can't enjoy Tad, Kate or even AMC since they did this. And then they go and give him Baby Jenny to boot. I can't bear to watch any of it. If Babe didn't die, then Dixie can be brought back.

• Members

I agree. A lot of people were blaming Julie and TIIC for firing Cady due to a blog she wrote about them letting Julia Barr go and not appreciating actresses of a certain age. Cady went out of her way on her blog that Julie was very supportive and even helped with it.

• Members

Yeah, totally. I'd swallow whatever nonsense about a fake death or something. I know Cady has been difficult with the role and that would need to be worked out between her and TPTB, but personally I'd love it if the character came back, she's one of the earliest faces I ever knew on AMC watching with my mother as a kid.

• Members

I say bring back Dixie with David. David faked Dixie's death, did the mind-erasing thing that he did to Maria and they're living somewhere as husband and wife. I say bring back Dixie, David & Brooke----all 3 should've NEVER been axed to beging with! Those 3 axings was the downfall of AMC IMHO!

Archived