Say something Positive about Your Soap

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Its always something with everyone around here normally. COMPLAIN COMPLAIN COMPLAIN. If the show was rocking on all cylinders it would be "I don't like the paint on this set" and then feeling the need to start a topic once every two weeks on if Hogan Sheffer should be fired is old. I appreciate when people say they don't like something but it is ridiculous the amount that is in every thread.

So back to a positive thing: DAYS is becoming much more interesting just about every day. I wanna see where this goes and I don't cringe much anymore!

• Members

I'm having so much fun watching my soap, DOOL. I haven't been able to say that in years. I've been seeing great performances, storylines that are moving, the promise of the return of great romance. I'm not tempted to FF anymore. Plus I got something during the past few days that I've been longing for -- shirtless and sweaty EJ. My life is complete. :)

• Members

WORD....there so much I want to add to this right now but I'll just settle for saying thank you. At least now I know I'm not alone in what I'm seeing on this board...

I'm dreading the "Ratings Thread" tomorrow...oh well.

Anyways I liked ATWT today. No Carly crawling after Jacka$$ and more Rosanna/Paul/Meg/Craig. Such an awesome quad right there. Just RH's lil, "Goodbye Mrs Montgomery" at the end of his scene at Al's so chilling and sexy. Looking forward to what happens. I'm afraid that Craig is gonna get hurt badly in this. I applaud SB for actually making me care about Craig again. God knows just how close I came to TRULY hating the character when Meek was in the role.

As for General Hospital the Georgie & Spinelli scenes yesterday and together ROCKED MY WORLD. I just love when a show springs a nice lil thing like that on you. Now I see so much more possiblities surrounding the two characters and I look forward to seeing more of Georgie! At least I HOPE they increase her airtime cuz she really could add A LOT to the teen scene.

• Members

AMC:

I'm happy that Erica has her "heart" back, and that Josh has become completely loveable, and my Zendall :wub: I also love that MCE is given a good storyline she can sink her teeth into.

GH:

Loving GSpin, Skate and Liason

ATWT:

Henna are always a joy to watch. Henry :wub: I can never get enough of CarJack and Willen

• Members

Something positive.....hmmm...

ATWT

Loving Rosanna's return, Henry and Vienna's new story, Luke/Noah's drama, seeing a glimpse of Rose in Lily recently, Paul being a man around Rosanna, CarJack's chemistry, Katie's hairstyle, and Scott Byrce's potrayal of Craig

Days

EJ and Sami's banter and growing relationship, Bo's role in the Vendetta story, Ed Scott's arrival, The Dimera family's return, having Hogan as HW

• Members

On Y&R - Not crazy about Ji Mihn's death but it's giving lots more of Jill (Jess Walton) than we usually get. And I love Jess Walton. And more Jeanne Cooper.

Never a PASSIONS fan, but the last few weeks have been riveting. I hope the young man who plays Vincent gets some kind of Emmy recognition, at least a nom, for next year's EMMY's. This young man has been carrying the show; but the whole show has been better than usual.

OLTL has done a complete turn-around. This has been "my show" for decades, since early childhood. The last few years have been B O R I N G, (blame Higley and Frons's insistentence that Michael Easton be the star) but lately it has become MUST SEE. Glammed-up Kathy Brier as Marcie is putting in a tour-de-force performance and it can only get better (as it gets worse). Viki, the emotional center of the show, is MIA, really missing! Why? And Lindsay is in jail, again, for murder, again. It's still not as good as it could be but... it hasn't been this good in a while.

Good topic. Thank you for starting it.

• Members

Well luckily for us we wont have to read the topic of doom and gloom cuz the numbers wont come out until Mon or Fri. But all you going to see in there at first is, I hope this show or that show falls. It was my pleasure starting this thread. And to ALL THE COMPLAINERS OUT THERE, go over to SONBC and create a fan fic of your show and lets see if YOU can do a better job!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

DOOL: Liking the improved quality Edward Scott & Noel Maxam have brought to the show; like the drama involving Stefano. I only hope his cartoonish days (no pun intended) are over.

GH: Love the heightened intelligence & insight Michele Val Jean writes into her scripts; love the humor & wit Tracey Thomson displays; love the improved quality of Karen Harris' writing; Most of the cast (about 80%) makes me wanna hug them oh so tightly; love Bradford Anderson & Spinelli- the best comic relief in years; love Logan & I see a lot of potential in Josh Duhon.

OLTL: Love the fact that Dena Higley is no longer credited as Head Writer.

GL: Like how the most of the cast gives it their all in performances that I know aren't easy to do (threats of cancellation for years on end, budget cuts, declining ratings, low morale)

Y&R: Jess Walton is rocking as the grieving fiancee; the new scriptwriters displayed a level of intelligence that's been somewhat lacking in the scripts; love the sexy smile & charisma Daniel Goddard displays, liking Vail Bloom as Heather Stevens Lynch- girl's got potential, yáll.

B&B, AMC & ATWT: Nothing to say about those 3 shows. Just: blah <_<

Archived