Owen Wilson attempts suicide!

alwaysAMC

• Members

There are reports that Owen Wilson slit his wrists and downed a bottle of pills in a suicide attempt. A family member found him and rushed him to the ER and he is in critical condition...

This is horrible...he always seems like a funny clown...I guess he was hurting deep down. I wish him the best!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah - I read that both of his brothers are at his bedside right now in the hospital.

Also read that Hulk Hogan's son was just in a horrible car wreck - the pictures of the car look BAD - and he and his passenger had to be physically cut out of the car and skylifted out to a hospital!

Bad night for celebrities :( Hope they are all doing ok!

• Members

It's an order written up by a police officer, doctor (any kind), or possibly some therapists and psychologists (they have to be credentialed to do it) that involuntarily confines someone to a mental hospital if they are deemed a danger to themselves, a danger to others, or gravely disabled. You are then held in the hospital for a period up to 72 hours and a mental health professional evaluates you and they could make you stay two weeks after the 72 hours on a 5250 and possibly even longer (you do not have to stay the entire 72 hours. The doctor can release you before then but it is up to the doctor, not you. If you check yourself in voluntarily, you can leave whenever you want. To me, it should be used as a last resort and only if all other options have been exhausted. What I would do is release Wilson to someone's care like his mother or his brother and make sure he sees a doctor regarding his problems and that should be the best solution.

• Members

More awful news! He's one of my favorite actors and one of the best comedians out there right now. I wonder what was going on in his life to cause this? My thoughts will definitely be with him and his family. I'm still hoping it's some sort of joke or misunderstanding, but that doesn't seem likely.

I just would've never thought! :(

• Members

Owen Wilson has been released from thehospital, according to People. My thoughts and prayers are with him.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20054426,00.html

Less than a week after his suicide attempt, Owen Wilson is back at home – and being watched around the clock.

"Owen is in bad mental shape but said he is thankful to be alive," says a source close to the actor, who had returned to his Santa Monica home on Saturday. "He knows he came close to ending his life, and he is happy that he was saved from himself. He is basically at home with people watching him 24/7."

Wilson's rep declined to comment.

Wilson, 38, was hospitalized Aug. 26 after what a police log called an "attempt suicide." He spent the next several days at Los Angeles' Cedars-Sinai Medical Center with constant visits from brothers Andrew and Luke Wilson, his parents and such friends as Wes Anderson and Woody Harrelson.

Wilson, who had been due to begin promoting his next film, The Darjeeling Limited at the Venice Film Festival this week, also dropped out of his next movie project, Tropic Thunder. The comedy was set to begin shooting this month, and would have paired Wilson with longtime pal Ben Stiller.

Archived