The Tennis Thread

• Members

Yeah. I was sort of concerned when I saw her play Serena at the Tiebreak Tens. You’d think she’d take a bit more time to get a bit fitter before returning. We always talk about Taylor Townsend and whether she’d have more success on tour if she were a bit sleeker. It’s hard to dance around stuff like that, especially with the gendered lens through which we look at someone’s body.

Wow at Danielle Collins taking out Madison Keys. The young American women are bringing it early on.

Edited by Faulkner

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Madison Keys is horrible! I can't believe...yes I can .....losing to such a lower ranked player.

Tennis Channel not covering the better match which was Thiem but instead we got her sorry game!

I had to go to TennisTV to see Thiem's match.

• Members

And Fritz beat Rublev....Ugh.......flove Rublev fight and energy....Fritz is a wuss....he only beat Rublev because they grow up in the juniors....he can't beat anyone else and will lose in the next round. I am surprised Paul Annacone became his coach.

I still remember him telling the media to f off because he wasn't going to be pimped and thus expecting a lot from him....haha...well he hasn't done [!@#$%^&*].

• Members

Oh ok. That wasn’t “heated” at all. I think Rothenberg had only seen the transcript.  (EDIT: he says he heard the audio.) While I don’t think that the racialized conclusions people are jumping to are justified (typical Twitter), he was wrong and Andy Roddick was right about his “clickbait” journalism.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

It’s sad to see Novak struggling, but I remember just three or four years ago people writing Roger off. So you never know. (Yes, I understand Roger has a less physically taxing style of play, but that didn’t change the premature verdicts on his career.) I question coming back so quickly after surgery, but I think he does need some match reps. 

Way to go for Yuki Bhambri beating Pouille.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

CSN knocks out Svitolina. Elina plays lights out at exhos and small events but can’t get it up when it matters.

Verdasco. SMDH. He played so stupidly against Fritz. How do you beat Grigor and just flop like this against a far lesser talent?

Edited by Faulkner