• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

No semifinals for the Men. Just, wow!

And this is the 2nd Walkover for Djokovic! I know it happens and if you've pulled a groin muscle or have gastroenteritis (I've had GE and it is NOT pleasant), there is nothing to be done but I bet the fans would've liked even one two set match (or a superset of tennis) in singles play.

Some people believe that the women don't deserve equal pay as the men...well they do at this tournament! I stated before that the Women had the lionshare of some of the most entertaining matches all tournament long and nothing I've seen in the past several days has changed my mind.

Don't want to get to far ahead of myself but I think at least the Finals will be fairly competitive. I hope mellow.png

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

I hope Nishikori avoids social media at all costs. He doesn't need to see that, I'm sure he feels bad enough. The thing is, that when Azarenka & Stosur withdrew- was it last year? Or the year before? Some commentators (*coughs* ESPN) made sweeping statements that seemed to indict women's tennis. Those voices are not making the same claims today...and rightly so, because that would be ludicrous. As it was ludicrous last year.

2 withdrawals are crazy. Djokovic getting to the final after having played two matches is crazy. But it is a crazy coincidence and a very rare one. It's disappointing to be sure but those people wishing players ill, that's horrible. I wouldn't even wish that on a player I disliked because I wouldn't want someone wishing that on me or one of my favorite players.

I've been reading classic soap threads and I even talked on the phone to some friends whom I haven't spoken to in awhile (people can never get me on the phone). The time I was supposed to be watching matches.

• Members

Rankings after Miami

1. Nadal: 13730

2. Djokovic: 11810

--------------------------------

3. Wawrinka: 5740

4. Federer: 5225

5. Berdych: 4740

6. Ferrer: 4640

7. Del Potro: 4260

8. Murray: 3975

9. Isner: 2715

10. Raonic 2710

Gasquet & Tsonga out the top 10

Edited by Prizzle

• Members

Look how far Murray has tumbled since letting Lendl go...makes me happy. He was a moron to let him go. He would NOT have won those majors if Lendl hadnt been his coach. I am still scratching my head on how fast Isner got back into the top 10 since he hasnt been playing great tennis. He had one good week and thats all. Finally Gasquet and Tsonga drop out of the top 10. They have been playing like s hit for a long time but continued to stay in the top 10. They will drop even further with the likes of Dimitrov and others close by. Dimitrov is now ranked 15th in the world.

• Members

Btw...Roger and Tomas dont have too many points to defend during the clay season. So they will be breathing on Stan's tail...lol. I can see either Roger or Tomas at number 3 by the end of the year. Stan has a lot of points to defend in the summer too.