Rosie to Bring Back "Ryan's Hope"?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The writer with whom she's working, according to the original post, is Claire Labine. I wonder in what form they're trying to bring it back. It would be amazing if they pulled it off somehow, which I really doubt as much as I'd love for it to happen.

• Members

Rosie's said a few times that RH was her favorite soap and when she had her own talk show, I believe, Katie Mulgrew was a guest a few times, the two appeared to be good friends.

However, I doubt anything significant will come out of this. Rosie's posts usually always leaves me scratching my head. If it's true, I don't want Labine's input alone, I want Mayer's as well, he doesn't seem to get half the credit Labine does for RH.

Also, what network would air this new show? you can rule out ABC, which has the rights to the original RH, since Rosie's not on good terms with execs there. Hmmm

• Members

Wow, it would be great if she could bring Ryan's Hope back (Delia!! Ryan Fenelli! Squee!), but would ANY TV network greenlight a soap that was unflashy and focused on character and family, as opposed to sex and plot-point?

I also agree with Y&RWorldTurner. Paul Avila Mayer was as big an influence on Ryan's Hope as Claire Labine.

Archived