ATWT: Wednesday August 1 Episode

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can see already that Cole won't be sticking around too long....at least I hope not... Already saw him in one scene and already don't like him.

Katie looks utterly pathetic...she is no match for Carly...and I can't wait to see the look on Fluster's face when she's left behind in Oakdale :

Um, i can see Holden being upset, but throwing Lily's insecurities about her weight was a very low blow, IMO.... Ever notice that with the Snyder men, when things don't do the way they want with their women, they want to be the first to hurry up and cast them to the trash, rather than trying to work things out?

Holden has that bad....whenever something is not right in terms of Lily, he's ready to cut and run

• Members

I think there's finally a method to Holden's madness. He's not trashing Lily, but Carly is definitely a bad influence when it comes to truth and consequences. He may not tell Jack that, but people are seldom direct about negative opinions.

This diversion with the cocktail waitress is a bore. If Aaron had to get involved with another woman's problems, why not Maddie? The sooner she's out of Luke and Noah's way, the better.

• Members

I see where you are going with this; however, Carly wasn't anywhere near Lily in several downfalls in their marriage. Carly wasn't the result to Holden walking away when he turned to Julia Larabee; nor was she put to blame when Lily roped herself up in trusting Keith; in fact, she definitely wasn't involved when Lily decided to down pills. Lily makes lousy judgment calls all her own and it's always as a result to her defying those who try to tell her the truth....I wouldn't put the whole blame on Carly on this one.... Lily has a brain and she could have used it to say no :)

So for me, the method to Holden's madness is the fact that Lily always does what she wants and when she wants...especially when someone is talking to her in common sense...she never wants to be 'told' what to do, and that's what causes her mess ups....

• Members

A decent show today. I loved the Luke and Noah scenes. Nice cliffhanger with them. Glad they will be on tomorrow. Holden....hmmm...what an [!@#$%^&*] he was today. I was sick of his attitude. Why must we have breakup #1,000,000 for Holden and Lily? Why not give them a better storyline! An adventure one something having them working together. So who is Cole connected to in Oakdale? I hope Katie gets kidnapped and is taken far away...LOL...never to be seen again. :lol:

• Members

Julia and Keith don't even pertain to this, though. If that fiasco is what made Lily provide the money out of guilt, I get that. But just like she had a reason to help Carly, Holden had a reason to chew her out. While it's not Carly's fault, it's reasonable that he wouldn't want her influencing his wife. They're trying to reestablish honesty in their relationship, and it's an example Faith needs. By the way, has Faith reacted to the kidnapping at all?

• Members

I agree that it should've been Maddie. Why write in another character when you can give more plots to an already likeable character? Tomorrow's episode looks good, I might have to watch it online since I won't be home to catch it.

• Members

I think that the whole Katie thing is going to be a mere 'mistaken identity' thing...where the person thinks she's Carly...which in an essence will be another slap to the face of Fluffster.

As for Holden, I can see what stenbeck was saying; however, Holden always results in walking away than truly fighting for his marriage... the only time he truly fights for his marriage is when another man has Lily's attention....He fought for her when Simon was in the picture; he fought for her again when Keith was in the picture; it's always when Lily's attentions are on another man....but when it comes to things that can be merely worked out/worked on, he chooses to pick up his toys and walk away.

Carly was only a small factor in messing up Lily and Holden's relationship; however, like I said, Lily has a brain; she should use it more often, because she always does things like this...just as Carly always does the things she does... Both Snyder men knew that up front when getting in relationships with them; stuck with them time and time during all their mess ups; but now that they are in the prime of their lives, they suddenly want to start dictating and tightening the leash around their necks when they stray and don't obey.

• Members

Nah, I'm not buying Holden's pissy attitude. The elephant in the conversation is that Holden once paid ransom himself, to the dangerous Son of Stenbeck, David. He even offered up the ransom for JJ himself, and he saw how Jack "compromised" with Carly....he said it's my way, period. Had Jack just told Carly he planned on making a fake drop, in hopes of capturing one of the kidnappers, maybe Carly wouldn't have resorted to paying the ransom behind his back.

Holden is the one who can't seem to let go of the past. Lily has always flown off and done what she wanted. She went to Montega to try and find Sierra, she flew off to Atlantic City to find Rose, yadda yadda. Criminy...Lily paid for a kidney for Luke, didn't she? If Holden wants to feel insecure about her going off and doing stuff, he's going to do it anytime Lily doesn't clear something with him. He just chewed her out about something a few weeks ago (although I can't remember what...).

At least if they want to break up Lily and Holden again, they could make it interesting. Y'know...the way Holden was knocking back drinks, maybe he's going to end up having an affair. I guess Carjack and Lilden can never be "happy" at the same time.

Sigh...I hope Katie's lies to Jack escalate fast and blow up soon. Today, another flashback to "I love you...Carly", and then she just sidesteps giving Carly the credit for suggesting a "truce". 'Tho I'm sure Katie just felt her coughmaturecough attitude hadn't provoked anything with Carly in the first place.

I did have to laugh when Brad said something like "Jack's here because of the love of a good woman", when we know Carly helped him get out of the hospital, not Fluffster. :D

I still don't get anything between Noah and Luke. I did catch the hesitation from Noah's father when he said how the army would "make a...man" out of him. And it seemed like Noah was throwing out the word "girlfriend" deliberately to placate his father. But I didn't get Maddie's objection to the word...she was like all over him until that point.

The thing with Sophie is that she reminds me of the teen Abigail, before Kristina Sisco took over the part. With the long, curly hair, she kind of reminds me of Jen, but there's no reason Jen's half-sister Carrie Crawford needs to be working as a cocktail waitress. I suppose she could be one of Henry and Maddie's many rumored sisters.

Kind of weird how Silas and Les became such "good" friends in Statesville Prison, when Les couldn't have been there very long. I could have sworn he didn't even make it there, that he arranged for the prison van to blow up before he got there, but I suppose that's an insignificant detail.

Maybe Jack wouldn't be in quite so much pain, if the hospital bothered to wrap his broken ribs, instead of just sticking a big piece of gauze over them. :rolleyes:

• Members

I thought that same thing too, unless there was a different name of prison that they were going to transport Les off too...I do recall the place that Les was at during the time he escaped; so I am thinking that is the place that he became 'fast' friends with Silas...but that wouldn't explain at all Ava's connection with Julia (but of course Ava most likely was lying when she said that Julia would talk about her son JJ).....

I did love how they did a complete re-creation of history in an essence for Holden/Lily...Just a few years ago, when Holden was pissed at Lily for her constant involvement with Craig, Holden was at the bar knocking back drinks when Julia Larabee came sliding up on him, panting like the b*$%& in heat that she was....

Granted I'll give Holden props for having a cause to be upset, but Holden does tons of things without Lily's knowledge... He did have reason to be upset regarding the money situation, but as someone pointed out, if the shoe was on the other foot and Faith was the one snatched up, he wouldn't fault Lily in the least (well not that much) if someone offered the cash if she asked about it.

I see stenbeck's point of view (to which I've said twice now, LOL) but I also see PJ point of view....This is why I love returning to post in the ATWT thread...

• Members

Holden's tirade against Lily didn't have a dang thing to do with trust and him feeling so freeking betrayed. It had everything to do with WHO she gave the money to........Carly....the devil incarnate in Holden's eyes. He has never liked Carly, has always looked down his Snyder farm boy nose at her and considered her white trash. He only tolerates her because of Jack, but the minute Jack is away from Carly and with someone Holden considers "good enough", then he is the biggest cheerleader for that person. Heck, look how he's singing Katie's praises to Jack and supporting that relationship, even though the little twit did everything in her power to break up his own marriage to Lily a few years back. He even took Julia Larrabee's side against Carly when Jack had amnesia, even though he was aware that she'd planned to disappear with Jack and let the Snyders live the rest of their lives believing Jack was dead. And what does the almighty righteous Holden do???? He ends up sleeping with the witch.

So, no. That tirade wasn't about Lily giving away money without his PERMISSION, it was about WHO she gave it to without his PERMISSION. :angry:

• Members

First off, let me say welcome to SON...I know you've been on here since June, however, I rarely have seen you on the ATWT discussion thread....

I bet if Katie was the one that went above and beyond to get that ransom, Holden nor Jack would have bitched and moaned about it...they would even possibly say that 'she was only trying to help and didn't mean to cause trouble" :rolleyes:

Like I said in an early post, Jack and Holden both knew from the word go all about the women in their lives and the things that they do...they didn't bitch and moan as much, but now that they have reached their prime, they suddenly want to be playing "their daddies" rather than their spouses and enforce all rules on them to follow...

• Members

Well, I suppose now that Rose is dead, Lily's not listening to Craig, and Jade is gone, Carly is the only one to "blame" for Lily's mistakes. I could have understood Holden's disapproval, had they limited it to the fact Lily kept it from him. I'm not even sure why Lily had to keep her involvement "secret" after Carly told Jack she paid it anyway. Once the cat was out of the bag, it didn't matter where Carly got the money. *as long as it didn't involve loansharks.*

• Members

I don't think TIIC know how to write a sensitive well rounded Noah/Luke storyline. They can't seem to find anything for Luke to wear ( enough with the stripped shirts already) so I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for a good s/l.

Archived