Which soap had the best or worst ending?

• Members

I think Somerset had the best ending, all the storylines had a closing and all the good couples were together. And I think Capitol had the worst ending, Sloan and the firing squad, Laureen(The real Clegg matriarch) was introduced to the show a month before the final episode instead of earlier, and I think none of the good couples ended up together.

What do you think?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have to say that Port Charles, hands down/no contest had the worst finale. Other soaps, even though they may have not had good endings, had some sort of closure. The Port Charles ending opened up a realm of new stories and continuity. I miss it!!! :(

• Members

I disagree about PORT CHARLES. I thought it had a great ending, I hate when shows are wrapped up so perfectly...I kind like loose ends...makes you TRULY sad the show is now gone and will FOREVER keep you guessing about what COULDA happened next.

ANOTHER WORLD's ending was a dissapointment for me personally...minus the FINAL scene with Rachel, turning out the lights and all the pictures..that was FREAKING AWESOME and beautifully shot...OH AN the Cass/Felicia scenes....ok I guess it wasn't as bad I initially thought.

SUNSET BEACH I thought ended terribly...as did LOVING and THE CITY!

• Members

For Daytime:

Ryan's Hope had the best ending. I still remember Meave singing Johnny Boy!

Santa Barbara/Capital (tie) for worst ending.

For Primetime:

Falcon Crest had the best ending. Angela came back to rightful place at Falcon Crest.

Dallas had the worst. Too many loose ends and fans had to wait for the reunion to find out JR's fate.

• Members

WORST

Port Charles really was a let down for me...I hated that we didn't get a happy ending for Lucy and Kevin (especially since Thorsten Kaye went to AMC right after PC bit the dust as a different character, sealing the storyline with Lucy Coe shut)...to me PC was all about Lucy and Kevin and I really felt that ABC shafted both of them, they should have been transferred back to GH right after PC's demise.

BEST

Another World was a soap which I think got a nice ending. Everyone ended up happy, Rachel and Carl ended the show beautifully with turning out the lights and going through all the pictures in the living room. To make things even better Mac Cory's still picture toasting the audience just capped off what was one of the best soap operas ever.

• Members

Love of Life ended its 29 year run with storylines unresolved.

Ben was cleared of attempted murder by Betsy,but she collapsed after giving her testimony and her life hung in the balance.

I think longtime director Larry Auerbach was shown walking through an empty set(Correct me if I'm wrong)

Amy revealed that Bruce Sterling was her father!

Texas and The Doctors both finished up on the same day and storylines were resolved.

On The Doctors Matt and Maggie planned to remarry and Mike and Kit also made plans to wed.

The cast of Texas were all together and made a toast -'To Texas!'

• Members

SUNSET BEACH ended quite fine. The little trick they did at the end was surprising and then we realized it's just a prank and it's all okay. The show did good and the ending was great.

SANTA BARBARA didn't have anything good happening since they brought in the Walker/DeAngelis family. The show sucked during 1992-1993.

LOVING had the best storyline at the end... but it wasn't a good way to end a long running show.

THE CITY had a great ending. It all came to an end and then there was the Molly/Sidney cliffhanger. It was okay.

Archived