Soda Pop!

kade

• Members

Yeah home alone and putting off chores...pouring up an RC Cola here to surf the web made me think about how I am THE ONLY person I know who drinks this stuff...anybody else got a special soda pop love that is only yours?

I hate coke and pepsi...always have loved RC...maybe it was growing up in Nashville! LOL!

I have a horrible habit of getting obsessed with soda flavors that get pulled...Mountain Dew Extreme I can't find anymore...don't get me started on Pepsi Spice! :)

Kade

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Many people don't like diet drinks, but I like them better than regular. I don't drink Coke or Pepsi at all but I ALWAYS drink Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi. When I drink regular, it just tastes too strange to me. I can drink regular and diet Dr. Pepper, though.

• Members

Mountain Dew! No joke, it's the only soda I'll drink. LOL My University sells only Coke products, so rather then buy those and suffer through them, I brought my own Dew. LOL Same if I'm out to dinner and the place only serves Coke, I have water. ;)

ETA: Mountain Dew Extreme? Sounds good. LOL I hate Code Red. LiveWire is decent. And Baja is okay. There's nothing like an ice cold regular Dew though.

• Members

MDX is a stronger version of Mountain Dew with (for me anyway) a slightly better crisper taste. It evidently packs even more of a punch (combines all the caffeine with a power pack mixture of mental stimulants), I stumbled upon it after trying a new church out of downtown (where I live) and fell in love with it, it all but vanished in late January but then resurfaced around my birthday in March...now it's MIA again...wonder if they have a website...LOL! Seriously this was so freaking good!

Remember Mountain Dew Black or whatever it was called...not my favorite...

Kade

• Members

Diet Dr. Pepper is THE ONLY diet drink I've ever had I could stomach, my boyfriend drinks nothing but diet drinks...I don't get it but if he drinks something of mine it's like Superman with kryptonite, he seems totally un-well and un-sorted by it all...he hates them!?!

Kade

• Members

Oh, I remember that. LOL I can't remember if I liked it or not. I don't think I did because I remember drinking it and my friends being shocked by my reaction to it. Hmmm I might have to go see if they have it at the store today. LOL Yeah, the black Dew, not so good. I think Dew got me through college. :)

• Members

Jolt got me through college...loved that stuff! It's packaged funny now and the odd cans cause it to taste funny to me...there are also these strange Jolt! flavors now that freak me out. Moved onto RC and MDX but as I said the X is out so I'm a one man soda boy for the moment...hoping maybe someone can inspire me here to check out something new!

Kade

• Members

I drank RC while growing up. I grew up and still live in Nashville! When I was a kid we would save RC bottle caps to redeem for tickets at Fair Park, a little amusement park that used to be here. Later it became Pepsi bottle caps.

Now I drink Decaf Diet Cokes. I can't stand the taste of any of the regular drinks now!

Kade,do you remember Double Cola or was that before your time?

• Members

Fair Park! I have pics of me there as like a little kid...it was near the speedway? When did it go away? I was more around for Opryland! I've heard of Double Cola but can't place it...

When I moved to Austin at first there was no RC...I was not happy...we still don't have a Krystal and just got a Krispy Kreme...no Shoney's either...

WOW! Too many memories!

Kade

• Members

Fair Park died mainly because of Opryland.I remember riding the Skyliner! Of course,Opryland is gone now.

My oldest brother liked RC's, Double Colas and Krystals. After he left college he married and moved to Lubbock.They didn't have those three there so whenever he would come home we would stock up with RC and Double Cola and pay a visit to Krystal.

They have RC in Lubbock now. They still don't have Krystal but the frozen White Castles are sold in stores which is similar but not as good.

Shoneys came to Lubbock but didn't last. Kryspie Kreme just came to Lubbock. My brother is excited because he heard Cracker Barrel is coming to Lubbock!

• Members

How odd that these same Nashville things got under so many people's skins! They have Krystal in like Dallas, Houston, San Antonio but somehow jumped over Austin?!? We had a Shoney's but it left, same in San Antonio...we got a Cracker Barrel and I was equally geeked out! LOL! Yeah I remember Opryland becoming OpryMills or whatever...:(

I don't think I ever had Double Cola, I think I just remember signs and memoribilla in resturaunts and such if you know what I mean. Man I miss Nashville! :)

OH, and I too have to make due wih the frozen white castles and agree, they're close...really close but not the same! :(

Kade

Archived