DAYS: Wednesday, July 11

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

First day this week that I thought was remotely good. I enjoyed the EJ/Tony and Anna/Tony scenes in the car. Anna is phenomenal. She's probably the only character that's been brought back (other than Stefano and Tony) that I've really liked in the passed two years.

Chelsea is such a bitch. I've hated her since she joined the show, but I hate her more than ever now. I used to love to hate her back in the JER days but now, she's an annoying and self-riteous b*tch.

• Members

I loved today's show! The scenes with Grandpa Shawn in the church and the flashbacks worked so much better IMO than the flashbacks while reading the letters. Or maybe it's just that I really, really enjoyed the scenes with young Shawn and young Stephano. Today I very much felt the sense of impending tragedy, and FP did a wonderful job. I felt his heartbreak as he remembered his big sister and the events that transpired so long ago. I thought it was just wonderfully done.

EJ and Tony were very good as well. I'm now 99% convinced that Tony is actually Andre. I'm trying desperately to stay spoiler free so this is just my own feeling, but I thought it was very obvious today in his conversation with EJ. Liked EJ's comment on how he's becoming the man Tony used to be. So, if Tony is Andre and we get the real Tony back, does this signal a big change in the dynamics of the House of Dimera? Are we going to lose our #1 villains?

I'm falling under Anna's spell more and more every day. I had forgotten how much I loved her, or maybe I just buried it because I didn't think she'd ever come back. Corday, give this woman a contract! Now!

Chelsea and Nick....I don't even know what to say. Remember how cute they were just a few months ago? Now they are a mess. Their characters have changed so much I barely recognize them. I sort of understand where Chelsea's coming from, but the problem is she seemed to be okay about the Nick/Billie thing and now we're getting the kind of delayed reaction Sami's rape is receiving. It's like February through May has been totally wiped out, and we're just now getting the reaction to the December/January stories. I also don't like that Chelsea seems to have lost her spark and her feistiness. Just because they've redeemed her doesn't mean she has to become dull and lackluster and boring--like Nick.

• Members

Today's show flew by. The confrontations between EJ and Tony, Nick and Chelsea, Shawn Sr. and his ghosts, Roman and EJ, and Tony and Anna were all well written and mostly well acted. After nearly 5 months of slow/no action, it is literally a "don't take a bathroom break" show, and the preview's each day look better than the day before. For months, I would be hard pressed to name a great scene in an episode, and now each day there are several. I can't believe it, but I am lapping it up. This is what Days used to be like, and it is spectacular to see it be this entertaining again. (I have to add that I believe that the missing Shelle is a big part of the show's upswing. Those characters act like engine retarder breaks when they enter a scene. Can't they go join Carrie, Austin and Will in Switzerland? :D )

• Members

Anna continues to rule. I love her. Tony's reaction to her today convinced me, too, that this isn't Tony we're dealing with but Andre. (Not spoiler, speculation.) If Days does go the Andre route, I hope that they explain (a) how no one died in quicksand in the 80s and (B) how no one died in Aremid in the 90s. Incorporate ALL of your previous re-writes into the new re-write, please!

I liked the young actor playing young Shawn.

I thought Chelsea calling Nick selfish was rich. I need Abby back-- she makes both Nick and Chelsea more interesting just by being a sounding board, not that I'd want her to be only a sounding board. I'll trade you both Stephanie and Jeremy for Abby!

• Members

Wow. I agree with just about all the points you make in this. I feel like the "redemptions" of both Chelsea and Sami have made me like them less. Because they're just as self-absorbed and bratty and insecure as they were before, they're just more boring because they've stopped scheming and now that they've landed guys they aren't really feisty any more. But maybe that's just more of Hogan Sheffer's sexist writing to make every woman weak or foolish, unfortunately.

Now while I did like today's episode and how it appears to be setting up a reveal that "Tony" is actually Andre while at the same time reacquainting us with a lot of vital Tony history and also making the connection that EJ is sort of the new Tony as far as what Tony was on the show in the 80s... the inconsistencies of characters and plot points from episode to episode makes me want to pull my hair out.

I wish this show would stop writing characters to fit their plots and start writing plots to fit their characters. Today was so bizarre watching Roman's sudden rage over having to deal with EJ and Bo thinking EJ is level headed when three weeks ago the two of them were basically flipflopped on EJ and we had Bo as the thug cop punching EJ for no reason while not that long after there was Roman basically giving EJ a pep talk about trying to work with his family to end the feud after they talked after the forklift of doom attack.

I also don't know what the hell they are doing about both the rape and John Black's shooting. There was some statement about those things from Tony today that EJ said something like "I know who I am" that was sort of like an admission, but sort of not. I have thought for a while that it was going to come out that EJ wasn't the one who put the bullet in John Black and it was someone else because EJ had to this point always been so adamant that it wasn't him and this storyline had been drawn out so long that there would eventually be a reveal that it wasn't EJ so I was sort of thrown for a loop when for whatever reason he didn't explicitly deny it to Tony. And if EJ shot John Black, then why did Tony put Lexie in the tunnel to keep her from testifying against him? (Of course Hogan may just be hoping we forgot all about Lexie since he seems to have forgot her)

As for the rape, EJ did sort of deny that to Roman today. So just when I thought that was resolved, now I am wondering if the writers are going to revisit that and go in another direction for what happened. And if Roman is so obsessed with nailing EJ all of a sudden, why has he still not questioned Sami about her helping EJ through the roadblock and why aren't they encouraging Patch to testify against EJ and what the hell ever happened to that sworn statement that Shawn was supposed to sign against EJ? Not that I ever understood what Shawn was going to attest to that would incriminate EJ, but still... it's another annoying dropped plot point. Just like Mythic, too. But I suppose that may just have all gone by the wayside in the February-May purge like you described.

The show is so much better lately, but I just wish I could trust that if I get invested in these storylines that there will be some sort of emotional payoff and conclusion to them at the end.

• Members

i loved todays show..It was great seeing the colleen and santo story continue through shawn sr's flashbacks..and i got excited when stefano and shawn met...Frank Parker is doing a great job with this story, and its so nice seeing him and Peggy McCay finally getting involved in a story..

Anna was great again today with tony, roman, and bo..She is such a scene stealer..Sign her to a contract Days...

• Members

Good posts, Days4Life and Aremid. I too wish for continuity in all the rewrites. I hope Sheffer can tie it all together in the end. He seems to have a pretty good grasp on the past. I never watched ATWT so haven't got anything to go by regarding his writing other than what I see now, but some of his women have gotten stronger (Hope for instance) while most are going down hill. I have always wanted Sami to grow up and get over her obsessions with Austin and getting her mom and dad back together, but I never wanted her to become Belle! (or someone she's not).

I thought the flashbacks were well done - I liked the kids playing Shawn and Stefano.

• Members

The little Shawn Sr/Stefano scenes were chill-inducing. I loved seeing their meeting and them going off to play. Kudos to Frank Parker. He is delivering with this materal, as is Peggy McKay, whose scenes with Bo and Hope were fantastic. Good to seem them involved. Shawn Sr's heartbreak over Colleen was well-done and I am in love with this story. Good stuff all around.

Loved Anna and her encounters with Tony, Bo, and Roman. The Roman/EJ interaction was good. Had a mafia feel to it at the end. I am glad EJ's sins are being addressed and enjoyed the EJ/Tony discussion and EJ saying he is becoming what Tony was. It all helps redeem EJ in my eyes and I hope we continue to get it so that he be can be truly redeemed.

Chelsea/Nick was boring but liked the brief Chelsea/Bo/Hope scene. I am so sick of Nick and hate where they are going with him. He is coming off so needy that a Chelsea/Jett pairing keeps looking more appealing to me.

Solid show all around. Good week so far.

• Members

Pretend you're Bobby Ewing and February-May was just a bad dream. It will save you from pulling out so many large clumps of hair.

Seriously, you're right. So many plot holes lately, and I don't think we'll ever get them filled in. No one's character is consistent any more. I also noticed all those things you pointed out, and it's very jarring. If Roman is so upset (now) over Sami's rape, investigate and arrest him! You're the police commissioner! And from the hints we've been given, I was sure EJ had not shot John and we were going to get a big twist so I'm a little let down--but no worries, it will change again, I'm sure.

• Members

I guess if they are really going to redeem EJ they will have to address all the bad stuff he did early on. I for one don't care for his redemption as much as some of you do, but to each his own. I am more concerned with all the holes and unfinished or changed plots. While we got back some of our characters to their old selves, others true characters have been sacrificed. The ones that should be front and center in the discovery of the beginning of the feud (John, for instance) is only a background player. Steve's involvement should also not be swept under the rug. I want to know how he went from being "killed" by Lawrence Alamain to in EJ's clutches. I'm sure we will never find out how that happened.

Back to the subject at hand. The overall show was good but they have killed Chelsea and Nick as a couple.

Archived