GL/DAYS question? Crystal Chappell

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Honestly, what would Crystal do on Days? Carly's such a good-goody character! Though, Crystal and Peter Reckell had AMAZING chemistry together, but the last thing BOPE needs is another triangle.

Chappell is severely underused on GL though, I can't believe the crap they dish out to her. If Y&R can't get Alex Donelly to come back as Diane Jenkins, I'd like Crystal in the role, should she leave GL.

• Members

I agree that Reckell/Chappell had amazing chemistry and she would be the only true semi-threat to Hope (Reckell/Rinna didn't have as much spark, Reckell/Krista Allen had NO spark, Reckell/Pinson also had no spark), but I would think it would end up being nothing but rehashing and trying to recapture the past fireworks (i.e. what we've had to sit through this past year with Steve/Kayla... but that's a whole other topic).

Crystal Chappell hasn't had a good storyline on GL since Alan/Olivia/Phillip. The initial attraction between Olivia & Phillip was HOT!

• Members

I would love her back on Days, along with the Alamain's.

Bo and Hope don't need another triangle with Billie but adding Carly to the mix would be interesting with her chemistry with Bo.. Although, Bo and Hope are probably beyond triangles. Still, would love to have her back as GL is wasting her IMO.

• Members

Yes, Crystal Chappell acted with both Peter Reckell and Robert Kelker-Kelly as Bo. RKK was Bo when Carly/Bo had their aborted wedding and when Lawrence tried to spirit Carly away on a plane with Nicky [to protect Nicky as he killed Lisanne Gardner by accident] and when Bo stopped them. It was one of Days' primetime specials before the Emmys, but I forgot the title of that one.

I know Peter/Crystal got along great, from accounts, but she and RKK clashed.

• Members

I read that Crystal Chappell was dealing with personal issues (her divorce??) and taking it out on her co-workers. Deidre took her aside and told her that her behavior was unacceptable, and Crystal apologized. Supposedly, they ended up on good terms. (At least, that's what I read.)

Crystal was awesome on DAYS, but I think the canvas is too full right now. If JER were still writing, you'd be watching Billie and Carly both scheming to break up Bo and Hope.

• Members

Did Hope and Carly ever meet, or were they even on at the same time? I always wondered would Bo have left Carly for Hope. Even if she couldn't return full-time it would have been interesting to have her play into the reappearance of Steve and watch she and Bo play off of each other and see both Hope and Billie's insecurities.

• Members

I think that they were friends, Billie was friendly with Jack, honestly if Carly had never left, we probably wouldn't have got to see Billie shine, Bo seems to be the only one that could float her boat.

And thanks for answering the question about Hope ever knowing Carly. Its clearer now, when I was younger, I always imagined that Carly would wind up being Hope, since they resembled soooo much!!

Archived