GH: Opening

• Members

If I recall correctly, the last update GH fans have seen to the opening was in January of this year. The last update before that was June of 2006. Yet both updates failed to include any new actor images. John Ingle returned to General Hospital on contract in the spring of 2006, over a year ago(!) and has yet to be shown in the opening. The last time GH added characters to its opening was the December 2005 update when Kimberly McCullough returned and Jason Thompson joined the cast. The June 2006 update featured the new shots of Lucky/Emily/Nikolas, when their tri-shot was abolished, though still no Ingle. Six months later, in January of this year, Diego and Justus were removed after both characters were killed off, yet John Ingle was still not added. Now, with so many new cast members to be added (Edward, Cooper, Logan, Kate, Jerry, Spinelli) and at least three (possibly four) to be removed, how much longer with GH drag an update out? Not to mention, what will GH do to replace the "Men Shot" closing image? Justus can still be seen in the clip, as can Alan, Dillon, and Alcazar, all of whom will need to be removed. We know GH is lazy and likes to wait until a leaving actor is gone before updating, but honestly, with someone leaving every month, how long are they going to put it off? Alcazar left in May. Dillon is said to be done in July. Stuart Damon's contract ends in August. And no one knows for sure what's going to happen with Natalia Livingston. So when should we guess an update will occur? September maybe? After Damon's last contract episodes air? We know they're shooting images. At the Emmys, Rebecca Herbst was shown in never before seen blue screen footage, so really, what excuse can they give?

Lol, sorry, just wanted to vent. Their lack updates just looks pretty unprofessional to me.

*end vent*

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Another example of why I'm fine with DAYS not getting a opening with the actors in it. All of them have this problem. It takes forever to take someone out or add someone in cause of whatever reason (mostly money).

• Members

Stuart Damon said in one Soap Mag that he has one year left on his contract and if they don't fire him till august he stays for another year on contract. At that time nothing happend, don't know if ABC/GH have fired him yet.

GH used to update their opening pretty often, but in the last two years it has been a mess. I would love to see at least John Ingle in the opening.

• Members

ITA, GH needs to update its openings badly - I think Rebecca Herbst's shots are from the Faces of the Heart opening due to her maternity leave at the time. :rolleyes: I hope whenever they add/remove actors, they completely re-structure it, IMO it's the worst opening of the ABC soaps.

• Members

Correction....OLTL has the worst opening of the ABC soaps :P. The music is good, but that's about it. But seriously though, after reading this thread I get the impression that the GH opening hasn't been updated since the beginning of the year. Other than removing Phil Carey's picture, that was the last OLTL opening update as well. I'm not sure about AMC. I only watch OLTL, but it seems odd that at least two of their soaps haven't updated their openings in nearly 7 months. Usually they would have updated by now.

Could it be that brand new openings are on the way? Just a guess, but who knows with ABC Daytime these days. I doubt it will happen, but then again, stranger things have happened. :D

• Members

By the looks of things new GH opening shots have been filmed, as during the Emmys there was a clip of Rebecca Herbst during the nominees in her category being announced, and she was posing against a blue screen and they looked fairly recent. I have a feeling GH and OLTL will have redone openings in the next few monts.

• Members

As far as I know, the character of Helena Cassadine only appeared in the opening for one update in late 2001. Constance Towers has never had a contract with the show, but she was added to the opening despite her recurring status for one cycle.

• Members

her shots are from the 2002 update and ABC was too cheap to bring her in to film new shots after her maternity leave. Fortuently she has filmed new shots and its only a matter of when they will appear, if GH does put it in the opening or just uses it for the promo bumprs instead

Archived