OLTL: Monday

• Members

Ok - today has gotten ridiculous. Friday was ok - but today is just downright ridiculous.

I just don't understand why all these (relatively) newbies are getting so much airtime. Only Starr and I guess Cole really have a family tie to Llanview. But we get these HUGE teen newbie storylines that cost so much money to produce.

The songs are bad today. The actors look like horrible dancers next to the kid professionals they have on here. Speaking of - what was UP with that boy's hair in the gym dance scene with Langston and Markko? :huh:

I just can't believe we have 2 more days of this! Kudos for trying, but it's coming across cheap. The directing was horrible when the 3 girls were singing. They kept cutting off their heads.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was home sick today, and I watched OLTL for the first time in a year or so. No offence, but what I did see was retarded. I couldn't think of anything else to call it. Overwhelmingly retarded.

• Members

Ok, the writing for "Chemistry" was actually not bad - but they ended it with the most ridiculous ending shot imaginable. Marcie sitting there in a different outfit with her chemistry set and swinging her legs back and forth like a little school girl. WTF was that???

• Members

My God - that poor girl just can't get to prom without going through so much SH!T!

I'm pretty sure most true OLTL fans would rather be watching a gripping story with Asa, Nora, Dorian, Viki, Lindsay, etc. rather than watch this newbie Brittany lay down on the prom floor and sing, in an attempt to attract fickle, non-committing tween fans. That is what is wrong with ABC Daytime!

• Members

well I guess my 17 years of viewing don't make me a true OLTL fan because I don't mind it. and I actually like characters that have come on in the last few years.

It's not going to win any awards but it's fun to watch, and with all the heavy drama on OLTL this is fun to watch, and I'll take that.

• Members

Same here with my nearly 25 years of watching OLTL...

I am actually enjoying most of it. I especially liked the "Freak" and "Chemistry" numbers. And I'm a big Langston, Marcie and Starr fan too.

As, as someone pointed out earlier, a Nora, Clint, Viki, Bo, etc... story would be nice, but with all the drama on soaps, it's nice to seem them take a break for a few days and do something fun.

Great post btw Baller!

• Members

I understand that we need a break from the doom and gloom (like AMC's dream episode last week) but this is freakin ridiculous. Some of the songs are good, many are terrible. I'm sorry but people spontaneously bursting into song over a period of 4 days is quite ridiculous. Like no one notices these people standing up on tables and singing?

I love Kristen Alderson and the girl who plays Langston (hell even Portia Reiners is alright) but doing a musical based on the teens? I'm sorry, that's NOT the time and place to do this. It wasn't even done as good as it could have been. Brandon Buddy looks BORED, he barely moves his mouth while "singing". Oy.........

I'm recording PSNS tomorrow.

• Members

Ok...........I just found out that these songs appear in the head of the characters. I'll suspend disbelief that they space out for minutes at a time.

The more talented performers do a good job and though I still think the premise is stupid, it's kinda entertaining.

I'm still recording PSNS tomorrow though.

Archived