All: Grade the soaps

• Members

Well scince the last time I did this I got mixed result. I did this in April. Now that May has passed and we are in June Grade them! :)

All My Children: A-. Well Greenlee is beaing a total and complete B!tch! Why can't she just stop being so bitter. <_< Its not all about her. But whats bring the show up is Colby/Sean, Jack/Erica, Adam, and even Plamer. Speaking of Palmer we saw him in 3 espisodes and he looks like his health is better! :)

Bold and the Beautiful: B+. Well the storylines are bring stretched just a tad. But overall its been good. Susan should have been nominated. She has been so good!

General Hospital: B

The Young and the Restless: C+. The stories are getting unwatchable and some of the writers are stupid. I am like what are they thinking!!! They need a new head writer!!!!

As the World Turns: F. Right now i can care less about this show

Passions: C. Well Theresa and Ethan are cute!!!

One Life to Live: C-. They are climbing back. Love the hospital bomb. Also loved that some ppl are leaving! :)

DAYS: C+. Well, when was the last time they reached a C+. Like 6 months ago! YAY for DAYS. they are climbing back!!

Guiding Light: F. Sucks

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So sad, Im only watching 2 soaps now and contemplating dropping one of them. Here are my grades

AMC - B. I think its pretty solid but way too much Sean/Colby which I find boring. Erica and Jack's story is also boring and the JR/Adam stuff doesnt do anything for me. I do love the Fusion scene and Greenlee's return though.

GH - C- WAY too repetive. Characters say the same crap everyday. Will Liz's baby lie EVER end? Im sick of it. They've ruined the potential of Craig with this Jerry mess. Scott's return has been ruined. Sam's past has dragged on. The best part really is Sonny and Kate and Im enjoying them

Y&R - D: Not even worth my time anymore

• Members

Jack/Erica, Sean/Colby, JR/Amanda, and Adam being back to his real self again, makes AMC a

A for me. :mellow:

The rest is a C. There is still too much Lavery and Carey propping and I despise the idea of Tad being with Krystal , another Lily/Jonathan go around or an Ava/Jonathan pairing. I also hate that Greenlee is being written to want Ryan so badly she would even contemplate taking Spike. :blink:

• Members

ATWT: D = No me gusta.

AMC: C- = Potential is there. We'll see I guess. Not much going on for it right now, but I have been watching it which is something I have never said about AMC with the exception of a few episodes here and there during the Hayley/Mateo days.

OLTL: C+ = I love OLTL right now. It definitely has it's moments of being...weird. The Starr storyline really sucks at times. There is a lot of dead weight on the show, but they seem to be headed in the right direction...I HOPE.

GL: D = GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD!!!!!! What is going on with this show! Dan of SON fame is right GL is so gone. I am sorry. I know no show can be the same and blah blah blah. But don't give me that crap. When a show loses EVERY detail and sense of identity and only have Raines and Zimmer as reminders...that is SAD. The show is so overtaken by newbies who cannot act but more importantly, their ties to Springfield SUCK or are non-existent. Kreizman, you suck now. You really do. You've run out of steam. Go away!

DAYS: A- = No show is perfect right now, so I am not giving out any flat A's, but it's very good right now. Loving new Stephanie. Loving the Dimera's. Love Tony, Steffy. Love the history cues. The acting is probably the best it has been in a while...as far as the overall cast goes (With the exception of Jeremy.) The casting could be better. It's been on the decline in 2007, but the show is very good right now. It's the best show of the shows I'm watching now.

PSNS: C = It has gotten better for late May and early June, but it's always one step forward, two steps back with this show. ALWAYS. It's pretty on par now though with what it has been the last three years or so, which I guess means it's been average for what the show has become so I gave it a C. The writing is still VERY lazy and uninspired. But there have been some reveals...but again...one step forward...two steps back. The reveals are voided when they lead to nothing and even MORE plot regression. JER has so lost his touch. I was looking forward to an exciting ending summer for PSNS.

• Members

Who do you mean here? Ricky Paull Goldin? Gina Tognoni? Beth Ehlers? These are the people in frontburner stories right now outside of the Reva/Josh/Cassie triangle. I don't think they are newbies or bad actors.

As for ties to Springfield, the only character who I think has weak ties to Springfield is Cyrus Foley. But he's getting established with Alexandra and getting her airtime, and he's very charismatic.

Archived