OLTL: For the week of 6/11

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's also Frank who is a huge fan of REG. I guess even Frank, who is big on her didnt give in to her demands to do other projects. Ron can only write a re-introduction storyline. Now, I think its too late for REG. Tika (Layla) is still there at least. (knock on wood)

• Members

I remember Renee when she was on ALLY McBEAL. She had no lines, but she was definitely eye candy. And then she entered OLTL. She was well respected and loved. I'm just sad to see her go. But if it's all Renee's fault, then I guess I shouldn't be mad at the people who let her go.

• Members

I think its safe to say REG is gone for good. ABC tends not to admit they made a mistake.

I can see myself turning on OLTL more often. I wasn't completely annoyed today. Which is a start.

Speaking about Christina Chambers. She isn't a bad actress, I never said that. She just isn't Marty at all. It was a miscast from the get go. Considering how dynomite Susan was in the role. I really hope she gets the itch to come back. If not to OLTL I'd love to see her on AMC so she could work along aside her husband.

• Members

Dont think that OLTL wouldn't fire Christina Chambers in a hot second. They sure would, and I think that they will. REG wasn't fired. She just wanted the freedom to do other projects outside of the show and TIIC wasn't hearing that, so shes's gone.

• Members

Make that three of us. I think a recast will be fine. If OLTL can live without Dorian for a period of time, and recast Todd, Jessica, Clint, Cris, Viki, Blair . . . . then he can recast Evangeline.

• Members

Now referring to other posts in this string. I don't think writers have anything to do with contracts. REG is gone because OLTL wouldn't meet her contract demands. Phil Carey is gone because he would not accept recurring. That is Frank take it or leave it. LOL.

I'm glad there is going to be a death and funeral for Asa. I hope it is done well. As far as REG, I anticipate that Evangeline will be recast. I think life will go on.

I think I have expressed my very sincere reservations about Frank Valentini. I think RC will be a success if he is allowed to be a success. If not, he will be gone in two years and Frank Valentini will once again say, "nuthin' I can do". My personal hope is that Frank gets out of the way, let's a good writer write and then takes credit. That way he can continue to be a lame ass and I can enjoy a show.

As far as the writing today, my only comment is when will this crap end???? My goodness today was just boring in my opinon. Had it not been for at least getting to see Nigel, Renee, Clint and Dorian, the show would have been a shameful waste of an hour. Not one single story moved an inch Monday. If anything the Triangle from Hell backed up. Marty and Miles are even saying the same lines. What was the point of the Blair and Starr stuff? There was not story with Nigel, Renee, Nora and Clint, but at least I saw them.

My hunch is this is the OLTL we will see until September and it will be painful. I guess as bad as OLTL is becoming, September should look great.

• Members

I'm sorry, but I didn't like Susan Haskell's Marty. I think she played her like a hyperactive, self-righteous brat; always clinching her teeth with that one tear rolling down her face. She was sorta like the Natalie of the 1990s. IMO Chambers is easier to digess than Haskell was. She's more relaxing and demure, as opposed to obnoxious and judgemental like her predecessor. And I couldn't buy Haskell's Marty playing mother to Cole for a second.

As far as a recast Evangeline goes, that's fine with me. I'd rather have another actress come in take over than the character not being there at all. Some people view it as treason, but I'm of the mentality that *any* character can be recast, they're just characters. It's not like mommy bringing you home a new daddy. And if they can get away with recasting Todd, Jessica, Clint, etc., etc., then Evangeline shouldn't be all that difficult. Hell, Erika Slezak and Robin Strasser are recasts. Meh. If I were in charge, I'd offer REG another opportunity to play the role first...but if she said no again, a casting call would be sent out immediately to replace her

Archived