3 newbies that we dont care about leaving OLTL

• Members

SOD's Coming and Goings

Goings:

Chris Beetem (Tate Harmon), SOD's says he has been let go.

Randolph Mantooth (Kirk Harmon), With Beetem, his short run has come to an end.

Alexandra Neil (Paige Miller), SOD's say that she checks out of Llanview out of the end of July to perform her doctorly duties else where.

:)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think Tate was a good character, Beetem isn't half bad acting either, but the show went into newbie influx. I guess this will go hand in hand with Gallo's pending exit.

As for Paige, she was a complete and utter waste they go here and there with the character way too much. This time they need to keep her off the screen.

• Members

Oh forgot to say this must be the work of Ron Carlivati.

I hope his next mission is bringing back FAMILIAR faces, primarily Andrea Evans and bringing familiarity/veterans back. Bo and Nora should be front and center. Get Williamson back as Evangeline. DO NOT bring Natalie front and center, I've liked her now more than I ever have LOl.

• Members

Well that is a good sign. I was not impressed with any of the other actors anyway.

If this means more storyline for Vicki and the vets great. I hope they can entice Renee to come back.

I think they need to concentrate on families. I want more Lord/Mannings and if smart they ask Andrea to come back and play Tina. Tina/Todd/Vicki would rock the heavens.

• Members

I think I would have liked Paige and Bo had they ever had a consistent approach to the character. With Tate and Kirk leaving, that must mean the OPP story will be short-lived.

It seems they are replacing these newbies with new ones, but at least they are knocking off vets to get them this time. And one of the newbies at least is in the Buchanan bloodline.

• Members

This is a great first step, but there are so many more than need to go! nuMarty (unless Haskell returns) and I think Cole and all of those talentless teens need to go (except Langston). Scale Starr's story back and give her something family related. She's too young to carry her own story, IMO.

Also, Vincent needs to go and I'm sure many more but I don't watch OLTL regularly so I don't know all of them. I'd keep Layla (finally give her something to do), Talia, Nash and really thats probably it.

We need more legacy characters returning and the vets need to be front and center! If it weren't for these newbies Renee Goldsberry and Phil Carey would be on contract! This is why it is VITAL that you remove a crap headwriter. Once these actors are gone you may not be able to get them back.

I just hope Y&R gets some help because Latham is pulling a Higley. Tons and tons of newbies and she's gradually writing off many of the core cast members or worse--killing them off (four in less than a year).

• Members

Tate and Audrianna are not leaving together. Melissa has already said that she is not leaving for a while. She is there at least till the end of the year. Plus, they are making Tate into the racist bastard who is going after the minorties on the shows. So my guess is his character will either die or go to Prison.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Jun 6 2007, 10:55 AM)
This is a great first step, but there are so many more than need to go! nuMarty (unless Haskell returns) and I think Cole and all of those talentless teens need to go (except Langston). Scale Starr's story back and give her something family related. She's too young to carry her own story, IMO.

Also, Vincent needs to go and I'm sure many more but I don't watch OLTL regularly so I don't know all of them. I'd keep Layla (finally give her something to do), Talia, Nash and really thats probably it.

I agree with you about scaling Starr's story back. I think KA is a decent enough actress but she's not strong enough to carry this story. Whenever she's in scenes with Britney and Langston she fades into the background. I guess it doesn't help the other teens are 19 and older.

I'm happy Dena is gone. She couldn't tell a complete story to save her life. She could start it, but somewhere in the middle she gets all confused and then comes up with something grand to end it and it falls flat.

• Members

Paige was not a Dena creation. She was launched under Malone and the character was given a contract initially during Malone's tenure. Really she has served no purpose lately so it's fine she goes. I personally would have liked to have seen a real story involving Paige and Bo. Of course, I much preferred Nora and Troy to Bo and Nora. I know this isn't a popular opinion, but I think Bo and Nora have run the track as a couple and both characters need and deserve new stories.

I think it was known that Tate and Kirk were leaving. It had already been reported the OPP story was wrapping up this summer and that Tate was the bad guy. I was kind of hoping Kirk would turn out to be OK and hook up with Viki or Nora.

I think these newbies are out to make room for new newbies: Sarah, Mason and whoever FF is creating.

Archived