DAYS: Friday, June 1st!

• Members

I think Hogan and Meg see the success "Passions" has had with pushing the envelope with their down low story (and by that, I mean the one-liners they're getting away with, and the daring for daytime sex scenes) and want some of that.

In fact, whether or not they intended it, I'd say Jett and Jeremy are SO down low lovers! :o

Chelsea, don't fall for it! He's closeted!!!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OMG, you guys!!!! :o I just READ EVERY POST in this thread. I'm shocked!! Absolutely stunned and amazed to see that I am in the minority about the DiMansion set.

Wow.

I guess I'll have to learn to like it, since the public has spoken. I had considered starting a banner and e-mail campaign to get rid of this washed-out, wannabe set but apparently, the public has spoken. :unsure:

OH, DEAR GOD!!!

• Members

They should bring back Countess Wilhelmina and have Billie run it again. Phillip could help her get the job if he is taking over more responsibilities at Titan and she is looking for some new career after the demise of Century Cell. The revamped Countess Wilhelmina could be a place where a mix of people like Anna Dimera and Belle Black could work too, because of their fashion design backgrounds, setting up lots of movement between stories and allowing reasons for various characters of different families/ages to interact. Otherwise, if they're not going to give Billie a job I'd rather they just write her off so I can at least imagine her doing something somewhere.

I am just kind of meh to the DiMansion. The thing I hate most of all is the loss of the dark blue wallpaper. I need that dark blue wallpaper. I love that dark blue wallpaper. That dark blue wallpaper is the Dimera mansion for me. Did anyone notice whether there was a chessboard sitting out anywhere? Got to have that too. The staircase I can't figure out either. Were those the stairs at Marlena's penthouse? They look familiar somehow. And if they are going to continue to make this Tony-Sami conflict a focus I hope the set has French doors for them to acknowledge what happened there at least once. I couldn't tell if they were there or not based on this episode.

OK I saw the dayahead where EJ and Tony were talking about Kristen Blake and didn't see anything bad or jarring about how it was done. Yeah viewers like us know who Kristen is and don't need her last name and also know how Kristen is their sibling, but there are some DOOL viewers (as crazy as it is too fathom) that haven't even ever seen Stefano, let alone Kristen so I thought this was for them.

I thought it was better not to bring up the sister thing not just because of the incest ick factor even with the adoption, but because her significance in Tony's life was not at all as a sister but as a lover. It was also less insulting to me as a longtime viewer trying to get Days' timelines straight in the midst of EJ's warp speed SORAS for them to not have EJ pretend like he and Kristen were siblings back in the day.

I'm just glad she was brought up at all honestly because now I can better understand where Thaao/Hogan are going with Tony.

• Members

Yes! Me too. That dark blue wallpaper set the mood. It made the DiMansion very moody. That, combined with the cherry wood... we just need those dark colors back. This DiMansion is just too bright and everything is the same color. The items in the room match the sofa which matches the wood and wallpaper... it's just a sea of oranges. They really need to work on the coloring.

• Members

forgot to mention how Hilarious it was to see Sami with all that tape around her.I know it wasnt suppose to be funny,but I thought it was a big LOL moment.

as for Billie,I bet TPTB are upset she is Lucas's sister,as now she has no other couple to come between.

• Members

Snap Judgment: I am not digging Jeremy at all. As other people said, he looks like a Passion's Ken Doll, and he seems very generic. On the other hand, I think Jett does have potential. However, I would have preferred that he was Johan's adopted son, Ben.

I also dont like how a Horton and Carver just happen to know each other...and just happen to meet two Bradys...okay.

• Members

The staircase is bad. That was the most jarring part of the re-do, although I miss the darker colors, too. However, I just got so excited when it showed Bo and John outside the door, and I realized we were getting the Dimera Mansion back that I decided I wouldn't dwell too much on the poor decoration. But the old set was definitely better.

• Members

A sympathetic judge released Tony from prison. I guess he did the same for Bart? Or did Bart ever go to prison?

And when Rolf returns, will there be any explanation of how he was resurrected after being carted around Salem as a stiff corpse?

Jeremy and Stephanie are huge disappointments. Nick's great, but his intro wasn't spectacular either. I think Nick was only in one scene with Alice (the Christmas episode), but they never even spoke to each other. Can't believe this Jeremy is Alice's great-grandson, and I couldn't imagine ever seeing this guy hang an ornament on her tree.

Glad Drake is back. Love John/Marlena and Bo/Hope. However, Deidre Hall's acting has changed a lot over the years. She used to be so much better. She can still nail it at times, but it's more hit-and-miss these days. (Susan Seaforth Hayes is the same way. The character of Julie is more of a clown anymore. And I know she can still act, because she was awesome the last time she guested on Y&R as JoAnna.)

And I may be in the minority here, but I'm VERY DISAPPOINTED so far at the way Tony DiMera is being reintroduced and written. I have been watching DAYS since 1980, and this is not Tony. I felt that JER did an okay job with Tony in the early '90s, but the character was destroyed under Cwikly & Brash (although I liked them), Higley, and JER II. Now he comes back riding a horse into the living room? He's a nutcase, and his dialogue is too pithy and silly. This is just not the debonair, suave, sophisticated, conflicted Count DiMera from the '80s. But . . . maybe Hogan is pushing Tony near the deep end so that Anna can return and pull him back to sanity and normalcy.

Anna was narcissistic, greedy, selfish, and whiny. And she wasn't a great mother to Carrie. But she grew to love Tony, and he grew to love her. I think if Hogan will listen to these two phenomenal actors, the reunion of Tony and Anna could be an awesome angle in the DiMera story. But if Tony continues with his silly barbs and riding a horse in the living room, I'm afraid there's no hope for this once-great show. And I HATE to say that!!!

I just CAN'T BELIEVE that we never got to see Marlena respond to the theft of her husband's kidney OR that the whole Brady family accepts that E.J. could be the father of her baby without realizing she was raped or even caring to ask any questions OR that everyone in Salem seems only mildly irritated at Tony for turning Marlena into a supposed serial killer and "murdering" about 10 people, only to have them held hostage on Melaswen and in some castle far, far away.

Anyway, my fingers are crossed. Here's to the summer!

• Members

What I don't get is did Chelsea and Max know about Jeremy? Stephanie told Chelsea that she had to introduce her to her boyfriend, Jeremy Horton. Then when Jett introduced himself as Jett Carver, Chelsea aksed if he was in any relation to Abe. Does that mean Chelsea already knew who Jeremy Horton was? Max didn't question Jeremy's relations, yet he asked about Jett's.

• Members

I think this is the latest I have ever responded to an episode thread but I have been quite busy so here it goes.

I will start with the teens. Get ready everyone...I'm about to be negative (I know...stunner :lol: ). Jeremy is awful. The actor was not as bad as some of what we have gotten in the past but he kind of puts no energy into his scenes or delivery. His mannerisms are stiff as well. Jett I like alot and Patrick is not bad at all. He started a little shaky but he grew on me by the end of the episode. I didn't like how they were introduced. It seemed like Chelsea already knew Jeremy or something and I still think Jett and Jeremy should've been shown with their families first and then thrown into this story. I guess with Jim having heart problems and Frances not being on anymore it's hard but scene with Jeremy and Maggie couldn't hurt. I know everyone had high expectations for Jeremy. As did I. The writing for him was bad up until the end when he seemed very interested in impressing Steve and Kayla so they would like him. That was Horton-esque IMO. The secret angle was good too. Other then that, Jeremy sucked the rest of the episode but, hopefully, they will improve him or even recast. Jett was great and I like him with Chelsea. I still want Chelsea/Nick but Jett could be a nice complication and he adds diversity. Jeremy was just too obnoxious and him and Steph kissing all the time was over the top. I do like the actress playing Stephanie and I know I'm in the minority but her wild streak doesn't bother me at all. I also disagree that Chelsea has become Abby. Not even close. Chelsea was in character yesterday with her barbs at Jeremy. Stephanie is like Chelsea used to be only worse in terms of risk taking and wild behavior. I am glad Max was involved too. He looks great and I hope to see him alot more. They are wasting him. The airline story isn't really bad. They just need to work on Jeremy and they need to make sure they don't force the story on everyday for the next 3 months.

Now, the Dimera mansion scenes rocked. I like the way the mansion looks. It's more eloquent and it's clear they went with the idea of making the Dimera's back into a glamorous family like they were in the 80's. The mansion totally reminds me of the Cory Mansion on AW though. The "morning room" is great and I like how much bigger the set is. The outside looks better too. The stairs such but they are stairs so it's a minor issue. Loved the phoenix statue. Tony riding in on the horse was classic Tony IMO. I just loved it and Thaoo is great. Tony is my favorite right now. His arrogance is great and I love his one-liners. The dialogue yesterday was amazing. John and Bo with the interior decorating, Tony with the health insurance and looking under the couch for Sami, etc. Loved it.

I also like how they are writing Bart. He has his moments of being stupid but they are writing him more edgier now. He is being written more seriously this time. I like that and Tony's line about forgetting how stupid he was and Bo saying the same was funny.

Sami/EJ/Lucas was very good. The rescue was good drama and Lucas and EJ fighting was great too. Lucas does need to accept the fact that EJ is the only one that can save her though. I disagree that Bryan isn't leading material. The guy can act and just needs to be more active in story and involved. That's all. Loved how it was beat on EJ day with Lucas and Bo.

All in all a good show and great week.

• Members

Wow. I am shocked. But I agree.

DAYS, however, really is on the up and and up FOR THE MOST PART. I like how they spaced out the returns.

Week 1: Tony returns.

Week 2: John returns.

Week 3: You know who returns.

Week 4: Whatshername returns.

I am not sure when

return, but they are spaced out pretty good nonetheless.

Hopefully, it will lead to a steady incline in the ratings. The show just really needs to be careful about overusing the twentysomethings. I also will say I am really grateful they are not teens and the biggest storyline is not Who is going to the Last Blast Dance with whom. The actors may stink, but the dangerous Las Vegas storyline MAY have potential. But DAYS has been taking potential and flushing it down the toilet lately.

Archived