DAYS: Friday, June 1st!

• Members

The DiMera mystique, it's charm and power and delicious malevolent manner was definitely back in top shape. The DiMera mansion was a sight for a longing fan and for one so loathe of Bart, I have to say, the way he has been written so far, and his maturing appearance, has been really good. I loved everything about the scenes at the mansion as everyone has related above.

EJ is a powerful man (played by a powerful actor) who definitely is worthy of a lead character. He is pulling me in and that has to count for something LOL. I love Sami and EJ and think LUMI may be doomed. They may be the couple who will be broken by the end of summer.....but there is hope, maybe Carrie is on her way (for Lucas of course).

The Salem PD scenes always are a joke. At least I loved seeing John with his common sense there and also, did anyone notice how John was careful to check on EJ before they all left the alley with Sami? I still hope EJ belongs to John or Tony instead of Stefano and preferably John.

Love Days. I'm really excited again.

Oh, I forgot to mention Jett and Jeremy. I think Chelsea already met Jeremy before the beach. Like Jett and love how Chelsea treats Jeremy. He deserves it. I think both look hot and think Jeremy wasn't all that bad in the acting department. The whole beach scene was sort of wild and didn't seem congruent with the story so far....but I do like the idea of the summer story with the young adults. Sounds interesting and exciting to me.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OK... I think I am probably exactly the fan you are talking about as someone who started watching Days in the early 90s and fell in love with the show during JER's first run (not because I had anything against the stuff Days was doing before that, but because I'm not old enough to have been watching before then) and as someone who stopped watching Days regularly for some years but was pulled back into this show again by the SSK storyline.

And I disagree with you that I am having trouble adapting to a more traditional, grounded style. I can deal with traditional and grounded. I like nuance in characters. I have hated a lot of the campy, sensational stuff that Days has done since the possession even if I loved it at the time (HATED Susan Banks and all that drama, HATED Rex and Cassie falling from the sky, HATED Melaswen). What I want to see from the 90s is not the same stories rehashed in some even more sensational and bizarre, supernatural way, but just the characters I fell in love with back then.

What I have had trouble adapting to the past several months is Jarlena and Bope having no storyline, Lucas and Sami being rushed back together and propped repeatedly for reasons I still don't understand, and just the generally boring and poorly written cartoonish storylines we've had to endure. Not just how cartoonishly evil the third wheel bad boys of the love triangles in EJ and Philip were being written, but also how cartoonish an ex-hooker Willow has been, how cartoonish Steve's looney bin was and how cartoonish Tinda Lao was with the crazy, drunken Vietnam vet and the mysterious slutty island girl.

If they are going to write traditional, grounded stories that are interesting and compelling and involve characters in which I have an investment then I am excited for this show. I actually think the first part of the Brady-Dimera feud storyline from what we've seen is giving me that.

• Members

I think that the one Penthouse set that John & Marlena lived in is what's being used as the new DiMera Mansion. Look closely at it. You walk in the door, and there's the staircase... then the glass doors in the living room (where Tony came galloping in on the horse) is exactly where the doors to the balcony were at the penthouse. Just a few similarities I noticed.

• Members

I never said those weren't reasons nor was I talking about anyone on SON. I was talking about the the rabid fanbasers mostly.

I disagree about fans not having trouble adapting. Even I had trouble and I love traditional writing. I don't expect everyone to admit it either because it's something that I don't think people realize. I'm not saying that is why people are complaining this year. I am saying it's something that has led to the situation the show is in. That's all.

Archived