AMC: Monday

• Members

I agree. People have been vocal for quite sometime, talking about: "What happened to 'Love in the Afternoon?'" And now, that we have two characters who are in love and are in an adult relationship, people complain how boring they are, how ZzzzzzenDULL they are, and even think it would be :) for Zach to sleep with a woman he's not in love with and hasn't even seen in 20+ years?!?! Zendall has been working as a team throughout the whole Satin Slayer storyline up until now. Even when Mannah came along, Kendall was so secure in her relationship with Zach that she didn't even get jealous. That's HUGE! They're partners. They discuss things with each other. THEY ARE IN AN ADULT RELATIONSHIP! They've worked out the kinks in being co-parents with Ryan when it comes to Spike. I enjoy watching these two be, probably, the only couple on this show in YEARS be mature and responsible when it comes to their marriage.

I said it on another board, that even if it were to be revealed that Zach impregnated Mannah, I won't believe it. Even if they show a flashback on screen, I WILL NOT BELIEVE NOR ACCEPT IT!

How could I when I KNOW Zach loves every inch of Kendall and wouldn't do something like that to her? And all because Mannah was whiney with entitlement issues? Puh-leeze. :rolleyes: That's not even a good enough reason for Zach to even think about thinking about sabotaging his marriage and his family. He loves Spike and the baby on the way too much for him to even contemplate disrespecting their mother in such a way.

So I don't see any :) about it. Screwing up a marriage that works just for some grins, giggles and on some old ha-ha hee-hee shit is ridiculous. And if that's the way Brown & Esensten plan on starting off their tenure, they can be shown the door before they even take a seat at the writing table as far as I'm concerned. <_<

Demolish the Carey Whores. That should be their FIRST order of business.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

AMEN AND THENSOME!

Without Zendall this last 6-8 months I shudder to think where AMC would be right now. They are the heart of this show and as you say if Brown and Esensten feel the need to "spice" things up and put a wedge between them, then take your seats right next to McTavish and Passanante as former AMC writers who have decimated this show.

Thorsten Kaye I don't think would have re-signed anyway if they were planning him sleeping with Hannah and getting her pregnant. He is committed to Zach and Kendall as is Lish. I think Hannah will be back with a bun (or a fake one) to cause angst and friction but if she really is pregnant, it will be Josh's, not Zach's. I am willing to bet that will be the big November sweeps storyline.

• Members

ZzzzenDULL are boring because they have no chemistry. I hope B&E realize that they're AMC's version of GL's Danny & Michelle, a couple that kept winning magazine polls but whose stories never helped the ratings.

AMC would be wise to split them up permanently if they want to bring in new viewers. We need couples that actually give off sparks instead of putting the audience to sleep.

• Members

OKay. Your point has been made... you think Zendall have zero chemistry. To each his own. But at the same time, if Zach and Kendall have no chemistry in your opinion, then who should Zach and/or Kendall be paired up with? According to your logic, splitting up Zendall would mean that people would be invested enough to care about them splitting up if that's going to "bring in new viewers" -- which kinda spits in the face of them being "boring." Why would people want to see a "boring" couple split up? Them being together or them being split up wouldn't bring in a single new viewer because there is supposedly NO INVESTMENT.

So, let Zendall be. Whether they're boring or not.

For once, let the stories be about the viewers who have INVESTMENT -- not about "new viewers" and "ratings." I had zero investment in Rylee. I thought it was a sham of a forced pairing from the word GO. Why? Because I was there back in 1999, 2000 when Greenlee was fawning all over Ryan -- who was only using her to get over Gillian who had married Jake. So the 2004 resurrection of Rylee was just a waste of time for me. But, being that I had no investment in them, I didn't care one way or another about them being together or split up.

I can understand if you're invested in Zach or Kendall and want them in a relationship with somebody else (who, I don't know because Rendall was always a horrid mess with Ryan never accepting Kendall for who she is, and Zach doesn't have a contemporary on the canvas). But just wanting a couple to be split up under the guise of "helping ratings" makes no sense.

So, I ask again -- who, in your opinion, should Zach and/or Kendall be paired up with that will help ratings better than being paired up with each other?

• Members

Yeah, I'd be interested to hear from Steve and others who want Zendall broken up. I think its clear Kendall going back to Ryan would be character destruction and a major step back. Megan got her wish by tying them together forever through a child.... I can live with that. Kendall however has matured so much so going back to Ryan would erase all of that. Zach IMO was the best thing ever for the Kendall character.

• Members

You're misreading my logic here. I don't think the actual split is going to bring in new viewers or keep those of us who find Zendall boring tuning in more often. I think the show needs to find couples with chemistry who will make the majority of current viewers, along with new and lapsed viewers, want to watch every day.

I've always loved Alicia Minshew's Kendall who, imo, has become the new heroine of the show and I would like to see her in a relationship that sizzles. As far as who to pair her with? That's a major problem, imo. Ryan would be a huge step back and it's obvious nobody behind the scenes wants to deal with his character's abusive issues. I used to think Kendall and JR were great together until he nearly killed her. I never cared for Aidan with Kendall and Ethan is dead. However, I don't think the show should keep her with Zach just because they haven't found another man yet.

I'm not as interested in Zach, but the only woman I've seen Thorston Kaye really click with on AMC is Susan Lucci.

If Zendall were truly bringing in great ratings, I could live with this couple; since they don't, I think the new writers should try to find pairings that will help the show overall.

• Members

I know of people who only watch because of a Zen but don't watch live...they just watch clips. I know that last year, I would have quit watching had it not been for Zen-TK/AM.

I don't understand the ratings blame game...really I don't.

Also chemistry is subjective

• Members

I only read what you gave us... which was:

So if I misread that somehow, forgive me.

Anyway the show needs to create characters that are interesting and cast actors who are charismatic and write stories that are entertaining as well as worthy of emotional investment.

Chemistry is subjective. And the audience is not being put to sleep. You may be put to sleep. But you, with your Zendall dislike and your Amanda L. Beall Lovefest clearly don't represent me as a viewer -- since I strongly disagree with you on both of those points and will carry my Beall hate to my Soap Watchin' grave! So THIS member of the audience will immensely abhor the busting up of Zendall and will send me back into lapsed viewership.

The magazine polls are for those of us who are watching now. Not a reflection of whether ratings are good or bad. Those things are two separate entities. I'm sure you would be singing a different song had (if he didn't almost kill her) JR hooked up with Kendall.

• Members

Uh how exactly would it bring in new viewers? McTavish hacked them to pieces last summer cause she had a hard on for RenDULL and Zach and Lurky, and the ratings were at an all time low when Zendall were split up.

Oh and guess what, when they reunited, ratings went back up. The days Zach and Kendall are on, are usually the highest rated days of the week.

This is a fact, NOT my opinion

Oh and if Zendall does nothing for the ratings, then how come when they were the focus for May sweeps 2006, and February sweeps 2007 the ratings were higher than they usually are?

This May sweeps the focus has been Ryannie/Rylee, Tad, KWAK and their spawn and guess what? Did NOTHING for ratings. Feb. sweeps ratings hit as high as 2.7 and Zendall was the focus :D

• Members

Word Angie! Just simply word. And yes your avatar as always in effin' HAWT! :)

Its just plain and simple, Zendall is AMC's base right now. Zendall is probably the most popular couple in daytime and the couple who is most important to their show's success.

Archived