Where have you lived?

DevotedToAMC

• Members

Let's get a chat going on the places we have lived throughout our lives. I will kick it off:

I was born in June/1983 in Concord, CA (Tom Hanks was born here as well) and I lived in Concord from June/1983 to September/2002....in September/2002, I moved to Los Angeles so I could attend the University of California, Los Angeles (better known as UCLA). I got my Bachelor's degree in political science with a minor in pre-law from UCLA in June/2006 but I still lived in LA until March/2007 when I moved back to Concord.

Word of advice to all SON posters: Don't live in Los Angeles. The people are rude, it is smoggy and filthy and lots of pollution, too much traffic, and no tourist attractions

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Here are some:

1. Root for the SF Giants when they play the LA Dodgers....there are more SF Giants fans in Los Angeles than there are Dodger fans :lol:

2. Drive in the right lane....in the left lane, they speed like crazy and then right in the middle of speeding sometimes use the emergency brake

3. Try to go to UCLA campus as much as possible just to see its beauty...one of the few places in Los Angeles I enjoyed

4. Use a hybrid car so you do not pollute the environment as much

5. Do not go to clubs on Friday nights...that is when they tend to be the most violent

6. Make every conversation with friends about money...that is all the people down there care about

7. Be politically active...it is a politically active city that is moderate liberal

*Up here in the San Francisco Bay Area, we hate Los Angeles and its people. If an earthquake were to strike the city and kncok it into the ocean where it belongs, we would all throw a party. You will be hard pressed to find someone in the San Francisco Bay Area who likes Los Angeles or anybody from there. At times, Los Angeles thinks it is its own state and well they can secede from us at any time and that way we won't have to deal with them anymore ;)*

***These days if anyone asks me if Los Angeles people suck and are mean and nasty, at first I just say, "Oh yea Los Angeles they are our homeboys!" And if they go "Really?" then I say "Hell no!" :lol:

• Members

I was born in Charlotte, NC and lived there until I was 19. I moved to Netanya, Israel when I was almost 20 and lived there for 6 months. I then moved to Jerusalem, Israel for another 2 1/2 years; I attended Hebrew University on the Mt Scopus Campus in east Jerusalem. In late 1983 I moved back to Charlotte after a 3 month tour of Europe (and Egypt) with my younger (then 13 years old) brother. I moved to San Francisco in April of 1987 and have lived here ever since!

• Members

Oh that's very cool. I just got my BA in Political Science, and techinically I am a pre-law major, but we didn't have a "real" pre-law field. So it's sort of our concentrations that we go by, mine is Public Law. I'm hoping for law school in a year.

As for Los Angeles, I don't go there if I don't have too. LOL Some parts are nice, and have really great places to go. But for the most part, it's a [!@#$%^&*] tank. LOL I live just outside of Long Beach (which has it's bad parts too), so I'm mostly away from the L.A. drama. California is beautiful though, so I'm sure you'll be able to make the best of it. :)

• Members

1983: Born in Quesnel, BC

1983: Moved to Edmonton, Alberta for 6 months

1984: Moved to Nanaimo, BC for 3 months.

1985-1988: Lived in Quesnel, BC

1988-2002: Lived in Kamloops, BC (Pretty much my whole life.)

2002: Moved to Burns Lake, BC for 6 months (Worst town ever.)

2003-2004: Lived in Maple Ridge, BC

2004-Present: Living in Edmonton, Alberta

• Members

1973-Born in Bari,Italy

1974-Moved to New York US

1979-Moved to London UK

1988-Moved to New York US

1989-Moved to Bari,Italy

1990-Moved to Amsterdam,The Netherlands

1991-Moved to Den Haag,The Netherlands

1992-Moved to Breda,The Netherlands

1998-Moved to Den Haag,The Netherlands