GL: Michael Dempsey's last airdate

• Members

I read someone who got an email from SOW or something that MD's last day is May 10th! :o

WTF? I can't believe they're only reporting this now. I don't even have time to get used to the idea of him leaving so soon. This really blows! :( I hope to God another soap (preferably ATWT...once JP gets fired..which, in my dreamworld, would be soon).

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They fire Michael Dempsey, but people like Bradley Cole and Michelle Ray Smith get to stay on the show? Fans have yet to warm up to MRS, and there are still fans resentful that they brought BC back while putting other vets on recurring.

I hope Dempsey goes to another soap.

• Members

I liked MD as A-M. He did the best that he could, it wasn't his fault if the writing for the character was awful. And putting him with Mandy Bruno and MRS were stupid ideas.

I'm sure the show can find good and cheap actors in NY, so why we are stuck with MRS, LSV(Remy), BC is a complete mystery to me. They're a waste of time.

• Members

I also really enjoyed Michael Dempsey as Alan Michael. He's talented AND good looking. I do hope another soap picks him up. I was thinking he'd make a great Jake Martin on AMC! :)

• Members

I agree. Dempsey would work as Jake on AMC. Although it seems the character has totally been forgotten.

GL is stupid to fire Dempsey. I heard the reason was the audience never warmed up to him. Um, no ... the writing sucked.

And yet BC sticks around as does MRS and MB (Mandy Bruno). And the guy who plays Remy. I can't even remember his name ... that says something.

• Members

I honestly believe that this is just the producers way of saying...we want to get rid of this actor! Rob Decina obviously hired him for a reason and the producers at the time thought he was right enough for the role to hire him but because of the story plots that happened, he gets the boot. That's really not fair but I'm sure he'll get scooped up, I bet OLTL will get him.

• Members

I think MD was perfect for the role. The writing did suck. I didn't like him with Marina either, but I like her a lot with Cyrus. The writing has a lot to do with that. Part of the problem was that AM was too much of a playboy. If they had given him a real romance I think the audience would have rooted for him (jmo).

Archived