DAYS: Wednesday May 2

• Members

I didn't see a thread, did anyone start one?

EJ: "I wouldn't want to overstay my welcome."

Me: Oh, if you only knew.

Kate/Celeste/Abe was fun, I enjoyed myself.

Ashley Benson's website said May 2 was her last day ... that seriously wasn't her exit, was it? I enjoyed the Chelsea/Steph/Abby scenes more than I thought I would but I still think the characterization on this show could use a bit more sophistication. I'm glad Abby/Chelsea found some sort of emotional meeting ground today.

Tinda Lau again tomorrow, something else that needs to wrap up SOON.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOVED Kate, Celeste and Abe. Nice to see Abe still has his brain too...

Was it me, or was there a flicker of guilt in EJ's eyes today? I'm not sure if it was intentional on JS/the director's part, or if I'm reading too much into it... but maybe Celeste's words the other day and Sami's high blood pressure are finally starting to bring out his human side?

Could have done without the kids. And I'm usually a fan, but it didn't really move anything forward.

• Members

brimke, I saw EJ's (hot) human side, too. It was guilt.

That being said, WHAT is "Days" writers' problem?!! Or what in the HELL did Shayna do that made them hate her so much? Today we got yet ANOTHER slam against her. Yesterday, the knock on SR's looks and today, the fact that the new Stephanie is SO much hipper than the old Stephanie. Both of which were blamed on "DAYTON," where Dayton really means the casting change.

IT'S SICK!

• Members

I don't think it's so much a grudge against Shayna, but the writers are acknowledging the current actress' status as Teen USA or whatever it is she has. They can't spell it out as it's out of character, but writing in those beauty lines are inside references for the actress and those viewers who watched the pageant. Maybe it's their way of "gaining" viewers? I think it's tacky.

• Members

Damm so we aren't even going to get a final max and abby episode..if this was really her last day then i'm pissed..But it really was Ashley Benson's fault for not giving the show notice that she was leaving...Todays show was pretty snoozeworthy...except for Abe, Kate, and Celeste..Those scenes were excellent..Its days like today where i love Kate...

• Members

Exactly Kev. I would be more mad had Ashley not handled it how she did. Plus, we know they are going to recast sometime in late summer/fall and she has always been backburnered so we aren't going to feel no impact with her being gone. She is hardly on now so it will be like she is still there in presence. The only time you will really notice is when the Horton's are around or when Max is on. I wish she would be here for the wedding but whatever.

Today was ok. Nick/Willow bored me but at least it went somewhere yet again. Chelsea/Abby/Stephanie was somewhat entertaining. I don't see how anything Days is doing is digging at Shayna. The character has changed and they are just using dialogue to have people comment on it and get the differences across. That's all. I like the young set in moderation and the last two weeks they haven't been forced on us so hope that keeps up.

Nice to see Abe and loved his scenes with Kate. I loved seeing Celeste again. Tanya has to be loving this. She gets to be an actual character again and not a gimmick. These three were the best part of today. The way Kate flirting with Abe, snuck around, found the picture (glad that pic turned up), and then managed to get out of the house. Like how Abe's vision is still playing a role. I like how Kate mocked Celeste and her "darling" phrase. That was a nice line when Kate said "See you at the wedding." Good stuff.

Sami/Lucas was good. I like that Lucas seems to know something is up. Sami/EJ was a surprise because he showed compassion for the first time. He is human and for the first time in months we saw that today. I liked that.

Nothing special but still some progression and not a horrible show.

• Members

I liked today's episode. The Abe/Kate/Celeste stuff was very entertaining. And Kate looked great! I love the side part in her hair and the long bangs. But I really wanted Celeste to grab a handful of that hair and yank it and then snatch the picture from Kate's purse. I think Kate may be getting herself into some trouble here by messing with the Dimera plan.

This was the second time in the last month or so that I've caught a glimpse of EJ's human, compassionate side. The first was at Sami's shower, when they were in her bedroom and she started to cry. The second was today. It makes me very curious about what's really going on with EJ. Could there be a man inside the monster? His comment about Sami's wedding present also caught my attention, and I have a feeling this wedding "present" is not going to be something from her gift registry. I love it that this story is moving--finally--and I'm actually looking forward to finding out what's going to happen next.

• Members

Today's show was boring but Kate/Celeste/Abe was a highlight. James & Lauren looked like they enjoyed the chance to work together. Hogan has totally changed my opinion of Celeste, who I hated under JER. He's replaced the gaspy, skittish clairvoyant with a confident and menacing woman. It was cool to see her come up against another witch in Kate.

Archived