• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't wait till monday, I hope erica/kendall !@#$%^&*]slap that tramp babs. Its one thing to describe sex with jack in front of erica, but to do in front of kendall is just pathetic. An why is that tramp at fusion anyway binks, kendall, zoe don't even like her.

• Members

The past few episodes have been boring, including today.

My "worth-watching" pick of Friday would be Adam/Janet. I'm just going to pretend Adam's last scene didn't happen like the shows writers tend to pretend Babe is a saint.

I liked Di showing personality as well but I don't really care about the whole Ava element of the story yet.

I'm assuming she just got back from her yacht trip ;) ETA: Well that doesn't explain why she's at Fusion. I presume she sniffed out Erica or felt one of Erica's kids might know where she could find her (anf give it up).

• Members

I pretty much agree that this whole week has been a snooze fest. Today for me was the most exciting of the bunch. I really loved Di and Aidan talking about her past and how she felt cheated out of a family and Dixie as a sister. I am always going to find any scene tied to Dixie interesting. The whole Ava story is moving rather slowly and I am sure that's due in part to the writer's change. Hopefully it starts to move along.

Adam and Janet are so much fun how Janet came onto him and then by the end Adam gave her a little kiss just to string her along. LOL Janet swooning over Adam Chandler.

The Jabe fan in me got suckered into those scenes with them going to bed with the REAL Little Adam. They were sweet.

Adam running Jamie and Amanda off the road.... I mean Adam Chandler is an evil SOB but trying to kill someone? I just don't see that he would go so far as to intend to kill someone.

• Members

I don't think these last couple weeks have been boring. I think today was another example of Alden influence. It was smart, emotional, entertaining, and balanced! Again, the overall feel was different and much improved.

Today's episode was great. We're getting things we've asked for! Haven't we all asked to give characters some break and not have certain characters on every episode? Lately, we've been getting 1 day of certain storylines/characters and the next day the other storylines/characters.

Also, since when have we gotten major Di/Aiden scenes? The writers touched on Di's past - character development - and we got Dixie talk. Di/Aiden today prove that the balance is getting better right now, and hopefully they are taking note of backburnered characters. I loved their scenes too when they would talk over the Ava scenes. Ava being abused was a good touch to the storyline - it helps with character development and the music was perfect, as well as Di/Aiden's dialogue and the way it connects to what Ava is going through. Smart stuff there.

We got exterior shots of Wildwind today - which is classic soap opera. It helps set the scene. They could easily leave that out, but having simple little things like that shows some outside influence. Also, outside influence is showing with the rotation of sets being used. We used to just get the same old sets everyday. We saw Amanda and Jamie in a car and outside - and the secret room with Janet/Adam - Philly hotel room - Chandler Mansion - Wildwind.

Speaking of Amanda - isn't Chrishelle looking hot today?!? If I had to complain about anything today though - it would be Jamie's personal financial statements. Being an accountant, I had to pause and examine them. His assets don't even match his Liabs. and Owner's Equity, which is basic accounting. Anyway, I love how we're getting more Amanda (balance) and she is emotionally torn on whether to help her mother or help her friend. The struggle is evident.

The directing and camera shots were awesome during the Krystal/Tad scenes in her bedroom -especially when she was throwing things at him. Also, raw and emotional and no matter how much you dislike a character, when you have Alden-influenced episodes like this, you can't help but feel for those characters. Another example are the Babe/JR scenes. They were amazing today - and I've been so annoyed and sick of those 2 characters for awhile. But their scenes today were raw, emotional, intelligent, and heartbreaking. Oh and thankfully they got the old Little A back!

The Janet/Adam scenes were great - funny - and I love the dynamics between those two. You also got shots of Adam, where you can tell deep down he is sad and upset. The AMC of last year would have left those out bc we used to be all about plot - but these are character developments that are needed. And David Canary was amazing again today.

The directing for that last scene today - with Adam running Jamie and Amanda off the road - was great. The lighting and clarity of the scene - great work. Angela Tessanari (sp?) is really good.

Anyway, my point is I hope these last 2 weeks are an indication of what's to come for the future of AMC. Sure, some of the storylines may be questionable, but that is thanks to McT and now we have to make the best of them - and that is what is happening. The acting has improved overall - the music fits better with the scenes - the dialogue is smarter - the balance is better. I just hope people don't think this is boring bc there is more character development over plot-driven storyline....

• Members

I'm being pulled back into rooting for JR & Babe after their scenes with Little A today. But I know the feeling won't last because she'll jump in bed with another guy like she always does.

Adam & Janet were funny together.

I loved how Di empathized with Lily because of Dixie.

The rest of the show didn't interest me at all.

• Members

What are yall TALKING about? lol...are we watching the same show!?!?!?!? I LOVED TODAY!!!

- The Ava stuff was great...even though that punch was so fake and there weren't even sound effects lol.

- I loved Lily talking about why she wanted a biological relative. It really made me feel for her.

- Di got a good amount of screentime, as did Aiden, which is always good. I like hearing about Di's past.

- Babe/JR were the only boring part to me. I'm so over that merry-go-round.

- I'm officially ALL for Krystal/Tad (okay, maybe I wouldn't mind Krystal/Adam again either)

- And of course my highlight was Janet/Adam!! LOL at the crush on Adam that Janet seems to have. I loved how excited Janet got when Adam told her that she was his savior. And then when Janet started talking about how she wants to teach...that's what makes the character so rootable to me. She's not some evil villain who wants to kill people. She just wants to be happy and for the people she loves to be happy.

- AWESOME ending. I can't wait until Janet finds out that Amanda was in the car. Man, McTavish always writes great cliffhanger Fridays :)

• Members

On that, I can totally agree. I was "loving" (to borrow your favorite word of praise) the scenes in Krystal's bedroom. Very dramatic. The blocking, lighting and camera angles were used to the best of their ablilty to heighten the drama. It was soooo the epitome of "less is more." I like real drama based on human condition. I'm not necessarily going to jump on the Alden-Influenced bandwagon just yet, since we haven't heard a formal announcement -- only some smart ass condescending Beall-loving poster who wound up EDITING themselves (HA! What fun it is to laugh and laugh!). I believe it had more to do with Tessinari's direction... which also was wonderful during the Adam/Jamie rundown scene.

The past two weeks, on the other hand... snooze fest. I mean, like I've said before, I'm all for allowances during this transition period, but some days have been excruciatingly, mind numbingly... dull! I only believe today was good due to the fact that it was a Friday Cliffhanger, so things had to build up.

Oh! I have to say, LOVED Janet and Adam. When Janet was conning Jamie (which, really, isn't that hard to do) over the phone, had me giggling. Kate Collins is having a ball! It shows!

• Members

Last week I felt was an interesting week, especially with the mature flare to the way they handled J/E most of the week. This week? Dull, definitely. Some bad stuff, but mostly the show's just not been interesting.

I'd say today's episode was definitely the best of the last 3 at least (I can barely remember the first 2 episodes of the week all that clearly, which is not good, lol) but that's b/c Janet/Adam's interaction (Friday) alone was probably the best thing on the show this week. Baker's performance as Mrs. Luper being one on the other high-points.

I'm presuming the ratings will go up as half of us are agreeing this hasn't been a good week, last week we were all yelping about it being such a Aldenish week (which I won't take back) and down the ratings went.

So awesome, I'm thinking of changing my avatar to Janet putting her "noose" around Adam's neck. So darn romantic, LOL. Janet's campiness is campiness I guess I don't mind. I want Janet to "recover," but their just such an appealing draw to the innocence of her insanity. And I love the way Amanda loves her insane mommy, Janet makes me interested in Amanda again. Kate rocks the whole thing so damn well. I'd like to see her doing sanity for a few months though.

Archived