The Working World

JackPeyton

• Members

so what does everyone do for a living? r u stay at home mom (or dad)? a buisness person, retail, something odd and off the wall.

I personally love to go to work. i get so board being at home all the time. I work full time at an answering service and its the best job ive ever had (and wow.. have i had a lot!). i pretty much sit down in a chair all day taking messages for dr's, law people, celebs, rich ppl, companies, etc. and have u seen those ads for lumineers (spelling?) i take those calls as well. its so much fun. i get to wear whatever i want and its a chill relax place with awosme people. the most inersting calls are prob the call box calls. unless you live in cali you might not know what a call box is. its a phone located on the freeway every couple miles for if your car breaks down or whatever.

other than that i sorta work at a hookah bar. well not really work as much as i sit and smoke it with my friends, but i do pimp them out and get them new customers and sometimes help out with the hookahs and coles and cleaning up and stuff.

other than that i have woked at kmart, a hair salon, mervyns, michaels, an old folks home, linens n things, and pacsun.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm self employed and work mostly from my home office. I'm a sales rep for my family's monument business. It's pretty much seasonal work (April - November). Our business is a year round business, but business slows down over the winter months and picks up again around Easter. My father's been in business since 1955 and it is a family owned and operated business.

If you'd like to visit us, we're on the web - http://womermemorials.net

After graduation from high school, I had secretarial jobs part-time before getting into the family business. I've been a sales rep for the last 15 years.

• Members

I am a General Practitioner, In a Hospital. I was a Cardiologist which I practiced from 98' to 06', when I relocated. I never wanted to be a Doctor. I always wanted to be a History Teacher, but my father sort of forced me to go to Medical School, and I hate him for how he did it, but I dont hate that he did it.

• Members

I work at a large broker dealer. I answer in bound phone calls regarding 401ks and am now in pension training, so that I will be able to help people start taking their pensions. It's very interesting and I love what I do. Especially the 401k stuff because it is the stock market and that is interesting

• Members

Right now, I work as a reatail sales rep at Bath and Body Works, however, I will be hopefully returning back to an office job.

During my first four years of college, I worked with the Medicare branch, helping customers with finding information about home health care, skilled nursing or hospital needs.

• Members

I work for a property management / real estate sales company that operates from what used to be a small strip mall built in the 50's. Initially I was hired temp to help out with their long neglected payables/receivables and payroll before tax time, but they've kept me on to work at their "Where The Heart Is" weekly magazine as well (just houses and condos for sale). 30 hours a week and the pay is okay. I actually got to "lay it out " last week, which was fun, until the big boss owner called me and said there was no room for creativity; that I took too much time doing it. (i.e. I went over my 30 hours)

As you can imagine, for the most part, it's nasty place to work.

I've been accepted in three MBA programs in September so my life is still up in the air.

• Members

I am a Meat & Deli Manager at a grocery store. Its mainly a job for me. Don't hate it, don't like it. I just am sort of stuck as to where I want to go in life and made as well make as much money as I can until I figure out what it is I want. I don't particularly enjoy the working environment alot, but there are alot of great people there that make it seems worthwhile going in there everyday.

• Members

Does full time student count as a job? LOL. It feels like one.

I work a few days a week helping my grandma at the front desk of the Dental Office she's worked at for 30 years. It's not a lot, but it's a paycheck, and I can pretty much set my own hours. :)

Archived