DAYS: No more "Early Edition!"

• Members

This is actually quite sad. I've been reading "The Early Edition" for a decade now -- before it was even titled as such!

Final Edition

Dear Early Edition Readers:

It is with heavy hearts and great sorrow that we announce that today will be the final EARLY EDITION for us. As long time followers remember, we started our day ahead spoilers over ten years ago when we started posting on discussion boards, Dustin’s website and then got our own permanent home. Over the years, we have enjoyed hearing from so many of you from around the world as to how our summaries kept you abreast of our Salemites' storylines.

Unfortunately, the time has come and we have unanimously decided to say goodbye. Unlike when we started the day ahead summaries, today’s technology with DVR’s/TIVOs and lots of other DOOL websites and recaps on the internet, it has become easier for anyone to record or read what’s going on without us. We appreciate all of your accolades about our thoroughness in reporting the storylines, but that thoroughness means, rising earlier, a few hours of watching, typing up and posting…time that we just can’t spare anymore. To be honest, the storylines aren’t grabbing our attention that much anymore either, and even we aren’t always watching when it’s not our own day to do a summary.

We want to say thanks to Jenn, the webmaster of the SALEM PLACE DISCUSSION BOARD for providing an alternate site for posting our summaries over the years. We’ve all made many friends there and will continue to frequent her site. We also thank Dustin for posting our summaries in the earlier days and for continuing to provide links to both Early Edition and Salem Place Discussion Board on his site.

So, friends and fans…thank you very much for visiting our site over the years…it’s been a blast! Please don’t email asking for us to change our minds, because we won’t. We’ve removed our email addresses from the site as well. We’ll leave the site up for reference to our archives.

And last but not least…NO, this is not an April Fool’s joke…sadly, this is for real. Sometimes, LIFE just happens! Thanks to all of you...you have made it all worthwhile. For the show that brought us all together, we wish continued success in the future.

Sincerely,

Barb, Laney, Linda & Sandra

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am upset because this has been around for years but I think this is better for the show.

Get rid of all day ahead recaps and previews and let people actually watch the show like in the old days to see if their faves are on. People shouldn't have to choose to watch a show based on reading the episode the day before. They should have to watch and find out and then turn it off if it doesn't interest them. It hinders people tuning in and getting a chance to like other stories and characters if all they do is read the day ahead and choose to watch based on that. Plus, it spoilers the hell out of you. I know it's up to each person whether to read it or not but its easier to just not have it.

I hope Days and all soaps cut down on spoilers like this and in general. Go back to having fans actually shocked about something. The key is to give them enough to watch but not too much to ruin the appeal and surprise of it all. One thing I will give Passions credit for is they are pretty good about their spoilers. They hold so much back in spoilers and surprise you quite often because of it. All soaps should be like that.

• Members

Not all fans are affected the same way. I love to read spoilers and the daily previews as they give me anticipation of seeing them actually happen. We all know that not every scene is received the same by all viewers. I may love something and someone else hates it.....and you have to see it to know how you actually feel about it. That is one reason I try to watch the whole show whether it's interesting or has a character that I don't particularly care for in it. Sometimes that gets to be more than it's worth though as right now I am not watching the LUMI story because it's too far from what I WANTED for them. If I read that it has become more in tune with what I wanted for them, then I will start watching it again.

• Members

I used to use the Early Edition lots when I was back in highschool and when I could not make it home to watch or knew I had forgot to set my VCR to tape.

Over the years however, I haven't been using that site much anymore considering I have a DVR that tapes for me and if that misses for some reason, I always have my VCR on backup just in case.

I think this might be a good thing though for the show, more people will probably tune in because of it. The Early Edition was the undisputed king of providing full-complete show previews on the net...now that they are gone, no doubt people who rely on that service to determine if they will watch the show or not, will now watch the show.

Kudos to the Early Edition crew though for over a DECADE of hardwork!

• Members

Pretty sad when a website has given up what they do because they are not interested in the show!

I have never read an EE ever, I've only heard people here talking about it. Hopefully it helps the show like everyone said.

• Members

I know this could easily be true.. since DAYS is in a bad shape and all..

But I went to EE now and saw the last episode they posted was April 2nd. So since April Fools day is on Sunday, maybe they are going to pull an April Fools a bit early? LoL

I mean, like I said, probably not, but it just crossed my mind... :lol:

Archived