Soapnet: Is Frons fricking kidding me? OTH and The OC debut news.

• Members

http://forums.go.com/disney/thread?threadID=746625

Apparently the debut that The OC and OTH rates so high with SN that they are going to be commercial free. WTF? I know that half the commercials that Soapnet airs is for SN programming but here you have a debut that you spend $50 fricking million dollars on and you are not going to advertise the other programs on your network and see if all the teeny boppers that you are supposedly going to bring on with The OC and OTH will start watching them? Frons is a moron. I have no more words. :rolleyes:

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

seeing as none of the current daytime soaps are anything close to the excellent quality of the first seasons of OTH and The OC, what makes you think this would have brought in viewers for the soaps?

• Members

It won't, and it's not because of the quality of The OC and OTH(which is debatable IMO). It's because the target audience for these shows will watch the reruns and then watch something else in primetime TV. Younger audiences have proven they don't care to watch daytime soaps(or the storylines geared to them). And no, before anyone gets wild on me, I am not talking about those younger fans on this board who are devoted soap aficionados. I am talking about the average, typical fangurl who is like "OMG" over it.

Personally, I never saw the hype in OC and OTH.

The reason why a lot of people worry about these shows getting successful in their SOAPnet rebirth is because they see the direction this network is taking...pretty soon...same-day episodes will be replaced with reruns of VERONICA MARS, EVERWOOD, and GILMORE GIRLS. Because, they perform better than the daytime shows. Or the weekend marathons could be replaced.

I am all about expanding SOAPnet's audience, but there is no need to piss on the people and the shows that made it popular for you in the first place.

• Members

Why is The OC even on Soap Net? That show has to be the most overrated thing in the history of primetime. Well, actually not, since it was cancelled.

Frons is ignorant, biased, and dim-witted. We all know this. It's best to pretend he doesn't exist. He is a train wreck, and I can't understand why he got a promotion, since ABC Daytime's ratings weren't exactly shining at that time.

• Members

ABC family has the rights to GG and Everwood. I can't see Disney/ ABC moving them since ABC family is part of basic cable and reaches more homes. And VM is a Viacom show. I don't see it re-runs ending up at Disney run network. Or it will end up on ABC family since it reaches more homes.

Archived